Tool Company Lights

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I was at work this week I saw that one of the Makita rechargeable drills had a light nearby. So, I swapped the rechargeable pack from the drill to the light thinking ".....well they are highly regarded as tools, I wonder how the light will perform?" Needless to say, I was quite underwhelmed by the light from the incandescent bulb on this. Anyway, for all of the cordless tools out there nowadays, do ANY of them have a decent LED light? My assumptions if that they do not, BUT maybe Milwaukee, Ryobi, DeWalt, or somebody has a killer LED for their battery pack.

braddy

Enlightened
My Milwaukee has an incandescent bulb but it is very good for working under kitchen cabinets and bathroom cabinets, and on water heaters in the garage, they are intended for close work, not for being outdoors.

I know there are LED versions but I haven't used one, the cost difference was too great for me.

In a flashlight, LED is the only way to go, but there is no rush for that in these tool lights, in my case, without the light draining the batteries, I would not even have bought the tool set, as a service/repair plumber, the batteries would rarely get cycled, they would sit, and drain on their own, eventually dying and having served little purpose.

I tell non-contractors or non-dedicated hobbyists to not bother with the battery operated tool sets, using a drill every 4 or 5 months means that you should be using a plug in version.

Last edited: