Surefire 9P + Drop in

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
No modifications needed other than removing the outer spring on the drop-in. It's as simple as unscrewing the bezel, removing the old lamp assembly, and dropping the new one in.

I don't know anything about that particular drop-in but there are some pretty nice ones available from sellers here on CPF. Just head over to the Custom and Modified Flashlights - Buy/Sell/Trade section and you will see a few different listings for P60 drop-ins. Also, if you shop around a little bit you can probably save $30 on the 6P.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
at that price i think you would be better off with a "blemish" malkoff M61.
the M61 is 260 OTF lumens.
while the no name drop-in is say to be 450 lumens. which is probably emitter lumens. it will lose about 25% of the 450 when it comes out the front.

Last edited:

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
How would I go about removing the outer-spring?

Just pull it off. You can see it removed in one of the photos on the page you linked.

Do yourself a favor and check out the Malkoff that skyfire mentioned. I didn't even think about their "blemished" M61's for 29 bucks. I just got one a couple of weeks ago and maybe the emitter is a little off-center but it's a non-issue to me. Well worth the money.

ToyTank

Enlightened
I agree the no name drop in is a gamble. Malkoff you know you are getting decent tint, beam, regulation, etc. No name you may get horrid tint, ringy beam, poor regulation, etc.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
also check the inserts of member nailbender (custom & modified sub-forum), as they are
multimode
+ the led tint & bin You want
+ throwy(er) --> smooth reflector
+ wide(er) "use"-beam --> orange peel reflector

Flashlight Dave

Enlightened
I have this drop in. It is bright maybe over 300 lumens. Mine was a really cool white 6000k. I dropped it into a surefire c2. For me in the C2 I not only had to remove the spring but I had to cut the spring so that it formed a clip that went around the base of the pill so that it would fit properly. It is not 3.6v - 18 but 4.2-18. It will not regulate a 17670. It is decent drop in. If I remember correctly it pulls about 1.4A on two 123s. Might be better to get the Malkoff.

Last edited: