Please help me select a headlamp

IVerE

Newly Enlightened
Hi!

I need to buy a new headlamp. I will be using it for walks in the forrest after dark. I believe that I need a light with a combination of flood and spot. Price isn't so critical. But I belive that high quality leds with a wide light color spectrum is worth it. The light should be as powerful as possible and the rechargeable battery should at least last for 2-3 hours or have replaceable battery pack and not weigh a ton. Does this light exist?

Thanks for any help!

IVer Erling Arva

mauiblue

Newly Enlightened
Hi, check the Zebralight H600 in cool or neutral white...

SFMI4UT

I would also recommend the Zebralight H600. I got mine a couple weeks ago and it is amazingly bright, easy to use, and lightweight. You didn't specify what kind of rechargeable cell but the Zebralight does take a 18650 cell. I just got Callie 3100mah cells so this light should last a while at my part time security gig shift.

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
ZebraLight's H600 (or one of its variations like the H600w or H600F or H600Fw) is a good suggestion, but keep in mind that if you don't already own them you'll need to factor in the purchase of at least a couple of 18650 batteries (get good ones, not cheap ones) and a charger (a good one) than can accommodate 18650 batteries.

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like Varuscelli say, DONT buy cheap 18650 battery, if you choice the H600 will need quality batteries. Take a look in the batteries section to check what the people use. Personally I use Panasonic 3100mha and Samsung 3000mha.

Empire

Banned
H3 Focus-Adjustable and Dimming Cree Q5 White LED Headlamp Set
Very bright!
Smooth zoom function
Smooth dimmer works great!
Very small and light for the power and versatility
Good construction quality in most regards
Single on-off clickie is VERY nice, no cycling through modes, and excellent position under light.
Long battery life (about 3 hours)
Has endured two good rain storms without problems
HAHA

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast

C'mon, man. I imagine you can come up with a more courteous and elaborate response if you disagree with someone's suggestion -- especially toward someone new to the forum. Since you've still pretty much got newbie status yourself (time-wise) it's just an etiquette thing in terms of there being better ways to say "welcome to the forum."

ihtech

Newly Enlightened
Hi!

I need to buy a new headlamp. I will be using it for walks in the forrest after dark. I believe that I need a light with a combination of flood and spot. Price isn't so critical. But I belive that high quality leds with a wide light color spectrum is worth it. The light should be as powerful as possible and the rechargeable battery should at least last for 2-3 hours or have replaceable battery pack and not weigh a ton. Does this light exist?

Thanks for any help!

IVer Erling Arva

Hi, Maybe you can consider the Led Lenser H7/H7R or H14/H14R, the R is just being rechargeable. Both Headlamps comes with Flood and Spot light. I am owning the H14R , been using for my night roller blading and also cycling.

Good thing about the H14 is that its is a Headlamp, a portable spotlight and also a bicycle light. Check out htis youtube video and you will understand what I mean. :0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCTmJLZ0Gg0&feature=g-all-u

grap

Newly Enlightened
if you want to have outdoor activities, such as the mountain climbing, camping, hunting, survival, hiking, latent sea, i think cree Q3-WC Convex Lens LED headlamp is a good choice.Nice Headlamp with flood to throw zooming and dimmer funktions. Wery bright lights up atleast 70m range.

AimSHOT

Newly Enlightened
why not consider a Petzl Tikka XP2? I saw REI had the core rechargeable batteries on sale the other day. spot and flood light capabilities, and a few different light output modes depending upon what your needs are. $55 for the light, $28 for the rechargeable battery pack, or just buy some simple AAA rechargeable...

very light (ha ha...) and durable. I've had one (and a zipka) for a while and love it.