Klarus p1c

Jharpphoto

Newly Enlightened
Picked up a klaus p1c today. On its first outing the light came free from its belt mounted clip and fell unbeknownst to me in the woods. Got all the way home before I even knew it was gone. Backtracked and found the light. Is there a better clip option for this light?

SoCalDep

Newly Enlightened
First, glad you got your light back. I think most clips on flashlights were designed to clip in a pocket, etc... The light should go into the pocket and the clip should hang on the outside. I can see a light clipped to the outside of the belt coming loose and falling off. If you want to carry the light on your belt, I'd recommend using a holster of some sort.

Torpedo

Newly Enlightened
You can attach a small lanyard to the slot in the tailcap and use a carabiner to attatch to your belt loop,etc.

wolfeeh

Newly Enlightened
I would consider something like a maxpedition retractor reel for belt securing, or has been mentioned, a holster.

As an aside the klarus p1c that I picked up earlier in the week for my sister had a very securely attached clip and while I've got small but very strong fingers I found it quite difficult to remove. Significantly more so than identical clip types on other lights. Have you perhaps got a dodgy clip?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD