Spark LED upgrade?

gunfighter

Newly Enlightened
I'm curious to know if any modders out there will upgrade the LED in my Spark ST6? I know LED color is a bit of a gamble, but the one that came in my Spark is a very ugly lemon-violet color. I've never seen this color before, and I own several dozen LED flashlights.

I'm hoping someone out there can upgrade this to a more neutral tint.

Possible?

Thanks,

rojos

Enlightened
Can't you return it to the seller and ask for one with a better tint?

gunfighter

Newly Enlightened
Doubtful. I bought it from Going Gear. Their return policy isn't exactly customer friendly.

Personal preference issues such as clothing fit or LED tint, pre-flash, inductor whine, battery life, LED centering, output levels, etc. will not be considered defective issues when returning items.

Customers that have a history showing an excessive number of returns will be required to pay a 15% restocking fee on any returned items.

jake25

Enlightened
The LED is pretty easily removable if you have basic soldering skills. Just find a XML on a MCPCB with the right diameter and it should be an easy swap

rojos

Enlightened
Doubtful. I bought it from Going Gear. Their return policy isn't exactly customer friendly.

It wouldn't hurt to ask though. Return shipping will probably be less expensive than a new XML with a good tint. And you won't be violating Spark's warranty in the process.