help me disassemble

bouncer33441

Newly Enlightened
i have a laptop that went bad . its powered by six 18650 batteries . how do i dissassemble that power pack to remomove the batteries ?

bouncer33441

Newly Enlightened
im not going to slap insults around and get thrown off this forum so if you dont like what someone posts then dont respond simple and to the point

Empire

Banned
im not going to slap insults around and get thrown off this forum so if you dont like what someone posts then dont respond simple and to the point
Dude, That is already in process.
You are threatening our members and you got a simple answer from ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond.
This is a family orientated forum.
You got an answer"carefully" and you then go around fighting with SOYCD for absolutely no apparent reason.
You want another answer? Ok here goes: VERY CAREFULLY
GOOD DAY.

Last edited:

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have a laptop that went bad . its powered by six 18650 batteries . how do i dissassemble that power pack to remomove the batteries ?

I don't choose to tell you how to burn your house down trying this. The thread search feature works very well. It's not very safe to disassemble laptop batteries. You'll get cells of unknown condition and age, with no protection circuitry, all of which contribute to a greater risk of that E911 call. Cutting the battery straps and wires can easily short and overheat the pack. Healthy cells can weld your cutters or the wires to a short-circuit, and unhealthy cells can be brought to unsafe voltages.

Site search: laptop battery pack search on CPF. Please read up on lithium-ions at the battery university.

Empire

Banned
I don't choose to tell you how to burn your house down trying this. The thread search feature works very well. It's not very safe to disassemble laptop batteries. You'll get cells of unknown condition and age, with no protection circuitry, all of which contribute to a greater risk of that E911 call. Cutting the battery straps and wires can easily short and overheat the pack. Healthy cells can weld your cutters or the wires to a short-circuit, and unhealthy cells can be brought to unsafe voltages.

Site search: laptop battery pack search on CPF. Please read up on lithium-ions at the battery university.
+1

Norm

Retired Administrator
It's always good to try a Google search before asking questions, the question has usually been asked and answered previously.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond may have been a little flippant but he was offering good advice, dissembling Li-ion battery pack should be approached with some cation.

Norm

fishndad

Enlightened
ehow describes how to disassimble but wireing them back together would be your challenge.
You started off by asking how to disasimble the pack and that indicates to me that if you cant get it apert than putting it back together would be a particular challenge.
if you are thinking of salvaging the batteries for use in some other devise,i strongly recommend not doing so.

Empire

Banned
ehow describes how to disassimble but wireing them back together would be your challenge.
You started off by asking how to disasimble the pack and that indicates to me that if you cant get it apert than putting it back together would be a particular challenge.
if you are thinking of salvaging the batteries for use in some other devise,i strongly recommend not doing so.
EXACTLY

bouncer33441

Newly Enlightened
thank you to the people that gave me serious answers i will take your advise and not do it i was going to use these batteries in my lights