Klarus XT1C and 16340s revisited (aka, you won't burn out the circuit)

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
I stuck a 16340 in my XT1C before I realized only CR123s were supported, and the thing lit up super bright, got hot quick -- but did not burn out the circuit. So I sent an email to Klarus about whether they are supporting only CR123s because of circuit limitations, or because of the heat, and the answer is ... the heat. You can evidently use 16340s, just turn the thing down when it gets hot:

Dear Joe,

Thanks for your inquiry.

XT1C Max working voltage is 4.2V, any batteries winthin 4.2V are workable.
You can use RCR123 battery, just use is will gets too hot, but I'm recommend you don't make high model more than 5mins.

I've heard a lot of people say they'd get an XT1C if they could run 16340s. Well, this isn't exactly carte blanche, but with caveats, you can run them.

Bwolcott

Enlightened
I stuck a 16340 in my XT1C before I realized only CR123s were supported, and the thing lit up super bright, got hot quick -- but did not burn out the circuit. So I sent an email to Klarus about whether they are supporting only CR123s because of circuit limitations, or because of the heat, and the answer is ... the heat. You can evidently use 16340s, just turn the thing down when it gets hot:

nice! to know,

Ive tested a lot of my lots with 16430s and 14500s on lights that werent made to handle them and have yet to have one fail because of it

I've heard a lot of people say they'd get an XT1C if they could run 16340s. Well, this isn't exactly carte blanche, but with caveats, you can run them.

Glock-Fu

Newly Enlightened

I know this is a super old thread but does anyone know how many lumens this light is when running 16340?