Olight S10 Baton User Interface?

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Contemplating the purchase of an Olight S10 Baton, but nowhere can I find how the UI works. Could someone who knows how it works help me out? Thanks.

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
From what I understand:

To Turn On: Quick Press while off
To Turn Off: Quick Press while on
Mode Changing: Press and hold while on; cycle will be from low-med-high-med-low (with mode memory)
Strobe: Double click while the light is on
Moonlight: Press and hold while the light is off

The S10 will not have electronic lockout. Hope this helps. :)

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
From what I understand:

To Turn On: Quick Press while off
To Turn Off: Quick Press while on
Mode Changing: Press and hold while on; cycle will be from low-med-high-med-low (with mode memory)
Strobe: Double click while the light is on
Moonlight: Press and hold while the light is off

The S10 will not have electronic lockout. Hope this helps. :)
Thanks! I guessed it was something like that, but I wasn't sure.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
How stiff is the button?

I noticed from the pictures it looks like the button protrudes? Is it going to be like the Zebralight SC51 which is unusable for pocket carry without lockout due to accidental activation? or is the button stiff like the SC80 so lockout is unnecessary as it is very unlikely to accidentally activate during pocket carry?

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
How stiff is the button?

I noticed from the pictures it looks like the button protrudes? Is it going to be like the Zebralight SC51 which is unusable for pocket carry without lockout due to accidental activation? or is the button stiff like the SC80 so lockout is unnecessary as it is very unlikely to accidentally activate during pocket carry?
I don't think it will be an issue if it is anything like the other lights in the Baton Series. Granted I haven't pocket carried any of the lights, but they require a bit more force to turn on than the SC51. I'd say the button is comfortably in the middle between the SC51 and SC80. Of course, time and trial use will tell.

raltm

Newly Enlightened
low-med-high-med-low?
If flashlight will turn on med mode, how do i know which mode next, lo or hi? :thinking:

amaretto

Newly Enlightened
button is stiff enough not to turn the light on in your pocket. If you want to be sure, lock out by loosen the tailcap (threads are anodized)

"If flashlight will turn on med mode, how do i know which mode next, lo or hi? :thinking:"
this is memorized too, you have to remember.

raltm

Newly Enlightened
"If flashlight will turn on med mode, how do i know which mode next, lo or hi? :thinking:"
this is memorized too, you have to remember.
This is sad. Hopefully, in s20 (if it comes) will be different.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like a great EDC light and for a pretty good price too.

If only it were possible to remove the magnet I'd buy one right now. I hate magnets because I don't like the idea of them accidentally demagnetizing the cards in my wallet.