REVIEW: The Sunwayman V11R>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Rolex John

Newly Enlightened
REVIEW: The Sunwayman V11R>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

For submission to the Reviews forum:

Full disclosure: This light was not sent to me by Sunwayman for review (as is the case with some of the other light reviews I do) and was bought by me with my own funds. I'm quite happy with the purchase as well - here's my review:

Review of the Sunwayman V11R on ThruMyLens

Enjoy and please let me know your thoughts on the review.

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
You do a very wonderful job of tailoring to the unenlightened. Simple and to the point explanations and descriptions. Great photography as well. I'd buy another V11R after your review for sure!
What kind of traffic volume does your site get, if you don't mind me asking?

-Alex

Rolex John

Newly Enlightened
Re: REVIEW: The Sunwayman V11R>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You do a very wonderful job of tailoring to the unenlightened. Simple and to the point explanations and descriptions. Great photography as well. I'd buy another V11R after your review for sure!
What kind of traffic volume does your site get, if you don't mind me asking?

-Alex

Thanks Alex - I actually have three different sites currently and all have a strong and growing traffic base.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice review. Another point for your critique about tactical use -- since the ring can turn in your pocket, you might pull it out, turn it on, and find it on low. Which, for me, rules it out as a tactical light. I think of it more as the ultimate EDC and around-the-house light (although I think there may be one UI that works even better, that I haven't tried out yet). For small tactical, nothing touches the XT1C driven by a 16340 for me ... though the main switch is a clicky, the strobe switch is not, and even the main switch is easy to avoid clicking

Snareman

Enlightened

Nice review. Another point for your critique about tactical use -- since the ring can turn in your pocket, you might pull it out, turn it on, and find it on low. Which, for me, rules it out as a tactical light. I think of it more as the ultimate EDC and around-the-house light (although I think there may be one UI that works even better, that I haven't tried out yet). For small tactical, nothing touches the XT1C driven by a 16340 for me ... though the main switch is a clicky, the strobe switch is not, and even the main switch is easy to avoid clicking

I own this like and like it a lot and one of the reasons I bought it was for the forward clicky design. That said, I don't really have a problem with it rotating in my pocket, but the thing that I think makes it less tactical is that I usually need it for something less than full brightness. So its usually set on something dimmer and I can't pull it out of my pocket in an emergency and quickly go to full brightness like I can with my HDS rotary. Unless you make sure you always put it in your pocket at full brightness.

And, I really would like to get one of those Klarus', but the placement of the pocket clip in the middle of the light seals the deal that I won't buy one. Too much light sticking out of my pocket.

Last edited:

gaussman

Newly Enlightened

Nice review mate.I'm really thinking about a new EDC and I'm thinking about the V11R or the Eagletac D25C xm-r neutral white.Did you buy also the AA extender?That's a cool accessory, setting it to Jetbeam level.Did anyone tried the V11R compared to JB RRT-0?

Rolex John

Newly Enlightened

Nice review mate.I'm really thinking about a new EDC and I'm thinking about the V11R or the Eagletac D25C xm-r neutral white.Did you buy also the AA extender?That's a cool accessory, setting it to Jetbeam level.Did anyone tried the V11R compared to JB RRT-0?

I didn't buy the extender. I've got other lights that can use alkaline cells and didn't wish to add size to the V11R with the extender.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast

I did buy the extender and it was a mistake. The light becomes a tad too long for my liking so after using it for a few days I went back to the base CR123 size. The extender now lays somewhere in a drawer, forgotten forever. :rolleyes:

BTW John, your review was very interesting. :cool:

Rolex John

Newly Enlightened

I did buy the extender and it was a mistake. The light becomes a tad too long for my liking so after using it for a few days I went back to the base CR123 size. The extender now lays somewhere in a drawer, forgotten forever. :rolleyes:

BTW John, your review was very interesting. :cool:

Thanks much! Sounds like my concerns about the extender mirror your experiences.