JETBEAM PC10 program modes

malojie

Newly Enlightened
I just recieved my jetbeam pc10 this is very bright on high, when i program the modes with the head loose, then tighten the head for high mode, switch it on and off a few times, then slacken the head the mode has changed to a different one than i programmed, this cant be right can it? has anyone else got this flashlight and can try this and let me no?
its not much good when i program it for medium then when i twist from high its on strobe or low!!

cheers

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
No but you might be doing something "wrong" - i.e. not saving the last mode you used.
I don't have the PC10 but the PC20, PA10, PA20 which have the same UI.
Not 100% sure but if I remember correctly, in the daily mode the memory stores the last output level you used when you switched off the light. For example, you cycle to the Low-Low or whatever the lowest output level is called and you switch it off, it will remember it. Even if you tighten the bezel after you switch it off, the memory will work.
From what I understand from your message you may be tightening the bezel before switching it off so the memory may not store the last output level you used.
The manual should explain how the memory in the Daily mode works.

I'll go home and give it a try later and let you know.

malojie

Newly Enlightened
thanks for your quick reply labrador72, i have stored it correctly, and if i leave the light on and tighten-loosen-tighten-loosen there is no problem it flicks from full power to medium fulll power to medium with no issues, but if i keep the head tight then using the clicky flick it on and off several times then loosen the head and switch it on i find it has changed mode from whatever one i select to a different mode

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just have the PA20 in my hand. You are right, even if I don't switch it off, it stores the last mode.
If I tighten and click on and off a few times, even only 2 but without pausing, when I loosen the bezel it seems the light has already cycled and store the next level up. I had never realized it before.

malojie

Newly Enlightened
so really looks like this light cant be pressed on off on off in tactial because it changes the daily mode!! thats not really much good because i like to momentary flick my lights round on high meaning that when i loosen to daily mode it could really be on any mode!!!!!!!!! bummer!!!!! on-off seems ok but anything more than that changes the modes!! thanks sir for your assistance

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I´ve been playing with it for half an hour trying to make any sense out of the daily mode changes.
Basically if you soft-press and release right away as if you were cycling through the daily mode, even if the head is tightened into tactical mode, the daily mode cycles through.
I agree with you, it´s a a big disappointment!!!
If with the bezel tightened you soft-press and hold for more than a second or so, it won´t cycle through as it wouldn´t when you do that in daily mode.
I just hope they have fixed this in the Nitecore MT series which has exactly the same UI.

I still think these lights are good but after finding out about this, thinking the anodizing is not the best, having a PA10 that is ringy, the clip being ordinarily cheap... knowing all this I think going back I may not have bought these lights if only the LD10 and LD20 were available with a forward clicky!
I will update my 2 lumens thread to mention this as well as a couple of other things such as anodizing coming off more easily than I thought.

By the way, is the beam of your PC10 ringy?

malojie

Newly Enlightened
up close on the wall there are a few rings yes but im talking just feet away , as for outside you would never notice them, i coudnt believe the light out of this for such a small package, it really would be complete only for this daily mode issue, i still have the option of returning it but not sure what else is as small bright with modes, its a shame really

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn´t be able to recommend much of that size with the same power!
Anyway I think if you get used to not use the momentary on for less than a sec and soft-press again, you might not "accidentally" cycle through the daily mode that often. It´s still a bummer though having that constraint.

malojie

Newly Enlightened
its a real bummer thats for sure!!! but now that i no that mine is not faulty its in the program i might stick with it, i guessed i just thought it was gonna be something like my quark turbo x which can be programmed and twisted and switched with no issue at all, but as i say the light is fantastic for something so small thanks, for your replies

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually the EagleTac D25C U2 is more or less as bright and even smaller!
The only downside I found is: reverse clicky + no tailcap lockout.+