What Highend P60 drop ins are there? Are there any with programable UI's?

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
There seems like Drop-ins are either Cheap, reflector-driver-spring or Super nice, heat regulated and voltage sensing with different discharge curves and 3 or 4 led's yada yada...Most costing well over $100, with Malkoff being the low range of these.

Are there any "nice" sold drop-ins that have programmable UI's like a Zebralight/HDS or that you either tap a bunch of times to go into a brightness selection ramp or that have momentary with 2 or 3 or 4 fast taps from off being different modes?

I wanted to get a Malkoff M2D M61SHO but then I realized I already have a Jet-beam BC25 there pretty much the same thing. Id like the M2D but I'm not sure its worth the money just to be able do swap $60+ drop-ins.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
nailbender's multimode inserts could be considered being next best to programmable, as one can decide what levels, how many, highest setting, ..., to get.

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
I'm guessing there arn't any like that?

I really want a Torchlab Triple 219 but I can justify the cost.

Also are there any with a moonlight mode? vs. the typical 10%-50%-100% or what ever?

Last edited:

Erzengel

Enlightened
Programmable UIs usually require a switch that doesn't interrupt the power supply. That is not possible with the P60 design, where the dropin is only connected to the battery plus and the switch (battery negative).
I recall that I have seen one dimmable drop in on DX. There are also people who know µC programming and program the drivers like they want.

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you sure? I have good reasons to believe Jetbeam's IBS system is programmed by having the circuit switched on & off. Please do correct me if I am wrong.
Programmable UIs usually require a switch that doesn't interrupt the power supply. That is not possible with the P60 design, where the dropin is only connected to the battery plus and the switch (battery negative).
I recall that I have seen one dimmable drop in on DX. There are also people who know µC programming and program the drivers like they want.

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really want a Torchlab Triple 219 but I can justify the cost.

Also are there any with a moonlight mode? vs. the typical 10%-50%-100% or what ever?

The Wright Brother's Triple 219 was available with moonlight / medium / High. I have one on the way to me that I may end up selling in a C2, only reason I would sell is I also have a L/M/H triple 219 by them. Was bought in a package & I was after something else in the package.

Erzengel

Enlightened
If You only need moonlight mode, get a kaidomain V2 driver. The available modes are configured by connecting some open solder bridges.

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
The Wright Brother's Triple 219 was available with moonlight / medium / High. I have one on the way to me that I may end up selling in a C2, only reason I would sell is I also have a L/M/H triple 219 by them. Was bought in a package & I was after something else in the package.
Where is more info on these? I did a google search and this thread was all that poped up?

Was it from this thread? http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...op-in-ALL-GONE-(For-Now)&highlight=mattus+219

I'v been skipping over that one because they are sold out for now