Spy 007 videos

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
I noticed that there aren't too many videos on what I would consider the holy grail of flashlights. So I made some of my own. :)

Here's one of my carry setup for the Spy. http://youtu.be/S0MjaFVpeIE?hd=1

I've made a few more but they're being uploaded as we speak, so I'll post them as they get finished. I hope you guys find them informative.

Zandar

Enlightened
I agree, please add more videos! I'm interested in the light diffuser for my SPY as well. Please if you don't mind, can you tell me the source for it? Thank you. Zandar

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree, please add more videos! I'm interested in the light diffuser for my SPY as well. Please if you don't mind, can you tell me the source for it? Thank you. Zandar

I believe I purchased the diffuser wand from EDC+. It definitely is a worthwhile purchase. You just have to sand/mill it down a little to make it fit. :)

I've posted up more videos and made a playlist. I'm missing the PU4 video because I'm going to redo it. It's kind of hard actually to articulate it into video and make it flow smoothly.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5BB5FA9E4A3816BC

scout24

Flashaholic
Good videos! Thanks for the diffuser tip, Dan pointed it, and your videos, out to me earlier today. Diffuser ordered. Good piece of gear to add to the versatility of the 007. Would you be able to take a picture of it in use, say on your dining room table? I'll have mine in a few days, just curious... :)

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good videos! Thanks for the diffuser tip, Dan pointed it, and your videos, out to me earlier today. Diffuser ordered. Good piece of gear to add to the versatility of the 007. Would you be able to take a picture of it in use, say on your dining room table? I'll have mine in a few days, just curious... :)

Here you go! That's the Spy 007 XM-L at 1A with absolutely no ambient lighting. I think it works pretty well. :)

photo.jpg

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
Damn... :) Thanks for that! Glad I ordered one. As well as ceiling bounce works, this definitely has it's place. :thumbsup:

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really nice videos, I really want a 007 SWGG in neutral XM-L. I have a Tri-V and because of the exposed emitter and aspheric lens, I have to be more "careful" because it's not as robust as the 007

CigarPundit

Newly Enlightened
Thanks @badtziscool for this great idea! I know I'm reviving an old thread, but I ran across your vid on YouTube and I loved both the idea of a travel case and the diffuser. I don't have a mill, but I'm a woodworker so I do have a router table. I slapped an end mill bit in the router and rigged up a jig to mill out the ID. Messed the first one up but they're only $6 so I ordered another and second one came out perfect. Here's my copycat setup.

IMG_8117.jpg

IMG_8118.jpg

IMG_8121.jpg