• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Jay rob built laser (Pocket mini build kit) 445 diode

thatnignutz

Newly Enlightened
SOLD --Im new to this forum so please be easy on me..lol..only serious Buyers please...and I will only be accecpting paypal as a payment method. first come first serve, just post ''Ill take it'' and I will go down the line if the first falls through..I would expect the payment to be made asap and I can take a custom photo of the laser and a hand writen note to prove I am legit about having this laser. No Trades. no oversea shipping. usa only. I will be shipping UPS with tracking number and I am located in the midwest.If any questions please ask. Im asking $170 + $6 for shipping.. Thanks

I got a rarely used, no scratches and kept in a case, Jay Rob built 445 diode laser with 2 batterys and charger..what I have is the jay rob pocket mini build kit which I put togeather with a 445 diode(capable of withstanding 1000mA output from driver)..when I ordered this kit I got the "HOT" option in which Jay set the driver to the power outage I wanted(650mA if I can remember correctly). Also I got the copper heatsink with the press fit design in which the diode sits in and a ExFocus adapter.I never ran the laser longer then 10-15 mins and even then it got pretty hot..the laser power is adjustable BUT im not going to mess with the power settings, that would be something the buyer can do if wanted... This laser is powered by a FlexDrive Ver. 3

THIS IS NOT A TOY..RESPONSIBLE BUYERS PLEASE!
4d6e85bd.jpg

ecb3997e.jpg

ee5091e8.jpg

3f117c95.jpg

0625e9eb.jpg

9742da8b.jpg

5590c6fb.jpg

edbbcdc5.jpg

8ad8804e.jpg

Last edited:

thatnignutz

Newly Enlightened
VERY..and such actions should be advoided at all costs...I would recommend 445nm safety goggles/eye protection and even then they only protect for a very short period...as stated this is not a toy..thanks

thatnignutz

Newly Enlightened
Indeed...with its current settings you can also have fun with it..I wont go into details but if you do a little research on 445mn lasers with a driver set a 650mA you can get a good idea of what is capable. which is why this is meant for mature adults :) Also to note..the diode in this is from a casio

Last edited:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah I think anything over 100mw can pop a black balloon. This'd definitely pop a balloon, probably melts electrical tape too. You should let them know what the duty cycle is too, so that it doesn't burn out if they have it on for longer durations. My 400mw SolarforceL2M can run for 30 sec at a time without cooking. It's way more powerful than needed.
445nm is a beautiful blue, if this was mine I'd crank it down to 100mw, with the heatsinc you picked it would probably run flat out with no duty cycle limitations.

Warning, lasers like this are not toys and could do permanent damage to your eyes. Anything over 100mw and your blinking reflex isn't quick enough to prevent some damage. :(

Good luck on your sale :)

thatnignutz

Newly Enlightened
thanks for checking out my post...ill added the duty cycle to the main post...thanks for the advice..I never thought about adding that :) I never really put my laser to its max...the longest I ever ran it non stop was somewhere between 10-15 mins and it did get pretty hot..even after about 4-5 mins you can feel the heat kicking..I never popped balloons before but I have melted electrical tape and burnt some letters/designs into some wood, oh and made a video of it lighting a cig(had the cig hanging off a table..I didnt trust myself or the lasers power trying to light it in my mouth) for demonstration when I first built it..and yes you are correct...your blinking reflex is not quick enough to prevent permanent damage :)

thanks for the good luck! :)