Kopi Luwak

samuraishot

Enlightened
It was my birthday the other day and my two boys took me out for some coffee since I'm a coffee lover.
Little did I know they were taking me to have Kopi Luwak coffee, which was $40 for a cup!

They said I had to try it at least once in my life :D

I love my sons!

StarHalo

Flashaholic
A bit silly when an entire bag of Geisha (the coffee that's currently winning all the competitions) is roughly the same price. But it's the thought that counts :D

samuraishot

Enlightened
Yeah, I wouldn't have gotten it myself, but since they were paying - why not?! :) And it did taste a bit different from other coffees I had, in a good way, of course!

CLHC

Flashaholic
Still looking to try different offerings in said coffee!

The Kopi Luwak does taste different than other coffees, something one has to try for themselves.

CLHC

Flashaholic
The Aeropress would be the way to brew it :thumbsup:
Yes indeed! I've tried it with this a couple of times:

But reverted back to the Aerobie AeroPress. With it I've been plunging via the inverted method. Something about that inexpensive plunger that makes practically any coffee tastes great!

samuraishot

Enlightened
Yes indeed! I've tried it with this a couple of times:

But reverted back to the Aerobie AeroPress. With it I've been plunging via the inverted method. Something about that inexpensive plunger that makes practically any coffee tastes great!

Hi CLHC! Thanks for the Aerobie AeroPress tip, I've never tried that method yet, and it looks great!

StarHalo

Flashaholic
If you haven't tried it with your Aeropress yet: get a pack of Melita Micropore filters (sizes 2 and 4, commonly found at your local store), and using a pencil, trace an Aeropress filter on one, then cut out your new filter - sounds a little silly, and makes no difference at all with store-bought coffee, but with quality fresh roast, completely opens up the high end nuances and reveals flavors in the first few seconds of a sip that are normally masked by the standard paper filter. This is the only kind of filter I use now with my Aeropress.

samuraishot

Enlightened
If you haven't tried it with your Aeropress yet: get a pack of Melita Micropore filters (sizes 2 and 4, commonly found at your local store), and using a pencil, trace an Aeropress filter on one, then cut out your new filter - sounds a little silly, and makes no difference at all with store-bought coffee, but with quality fresh roast, completely opens up the high end nuances and reveals flavors in the first few seconds of a sip that are normally masked by the standard paper filter. This is the only kind of filter I use now with my Aeropress.

Will do, StarHalo! Thanks for the tip, I've got a buddy who roasts his own coffee beans and I'll ask him for a fresh batch to try this out (once I get an Aeropress & the filters you mentioned)!

CLHC

Flashaholic
When you do order the Aerobie Aerod Press, it comes with three hundred and fifty (350) filters. One could also purchase separately the Coava Stainless Steel Filter or this "newer" version called the S Filter. I still have the paper filters that came with the AeroPress that I bought a year ago. Need to order more!