Any Tripod Mounts for Flashlights?

CyberCT

Enlightened
I bought a really nice tripod for my Celsteron Astronomy binoculars and now since I have the tripod, I'm wanting a good mount to attach to it that can hold a flashlight like the Fenix TK70 or TK41. It would have to be a c-clamp design or something similar. There must be something out there. Anyone know of a good one? It would obviously be able to screw into the top of a tripod mount.

OneBigDay

Enlightened
I've used the cheap $2 DX bike mounts with velcro straps in both directions. Wrap one around your light, the other around the pivot part of the tripod head. I have done this and it works great.

On the other end of the spectrum I know Mcgizmo makes a clip that has a threaded hole (to match a standard tripod threading) so that you can screw the clip and attached flashlight directly into the tripod. This is probably not an option for most but just pointing it out because I thought it was a great idea.

CyberCT

Enlightened

Hmm I'm not quite sure I follow how that will work. I need something sort of like the Fenix Bike Light mount, but with the bottom as an adapter to fit onto a tri-pod mount screw. Also hopefully easy to clamp and release. I modded my Fenix bike mount to work upside down (the hinge part goes over the handlebars) and the clamp part held down by 2 screws (I bought longer screws at Lowes) will now accomodate any Fenix light I put in it. TK70 might be a little heavy for it tho. Point is there has to be a way to make this work.

Last edited:

Norm

Retired Administrator
CyberCT sorry crumby reading comprehension on my behalf, the set up mentioned would only suit lights 25mm and smaller :fail: