• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Milky PROTOTYPE U2 "CREEchur Special Reserve"

gottawearshades

Enlightened
Good People,

I've just got too many lights, so something has to go. This is one of the most fun lights I've had, and it is truly unique. If nobody buys it, I'd be happy to keep it. I'm selling it after owning it less than a month, before I get too attached to it. Here's the description from Milky:

"The Particulars - Simply put, this is the most advanced U2 ever built. It began life as a U2A then added a generous amount of additional heatsinking, 6x CreeXPE white emitters for throw, each under its own Ledil Lisa2-RS optic; 1x CreeXPE red emitter under a Ledil Lisa-XP-SS optic; thick, flat mineral glass lens for strength and scratch resistance; Acorn 3.25(!) driver running 'Elendil' firmware AND the native U2 circuitry. The result is a U2 build rated in excess of 1038 lumens with multiple brightness via the tail clicky, and variable color enhancement dialed into the beam via the selector ring. The entire powertrain can go all the way from a red-only output, to a massively bright wall of light with or without a user-selectable degree of color-enhanced output. (Color enhancement ranges from "wow, that looks flat" to "is it really color enhanced?" to "the beam just hit me over the head!") The Acorn powerplant features memory UI, tactical UI, and theater UI, plus e-grinch optimization for half perceived output on all levels with nearly 6 times the runtimes... and oddly enough, it's also e-Daptible, meaning the head would work equally well with a dual stage tail such as the one from the Kroma.

Other Amenities - There's an oversized, custom-fabricated Delrin selector ring that makes turning the ring easier, especially one-handed... and an uncommon Leef 1x18680 HA-BK grooved U2 body along with stainless steel Leef Ring. The tailswitch is a Solarforce tactical clicky with short travel and gear teeth reminiscent of the classic Surefire SW01 "baker's cap" twisties. The switch is capable of tailstand. (If you prefer, I'll substitute an ordinary U2 body and clicky tail, bored for 18650 cell.)

Why You Want It - There's nothing like this light. There's nothing even remotely close. It's ridiculously fun to carry... and it's useful! Tough to find a combination like that. :)"

img-201206-creechur-side.jpg

img-201206-creechur-front.jpg

(I hope Milky doesn't mind me linking to his pictures.)

Sold to grayhighh! Buy it today for $450. Prices includes CONUS shipping. Paypal cheerfully accepted. Not responsible for what happens after the federal government's takeover of the flashlight's delivery; insurance at additional cost.

Original price: "Normally $650 for the complete flashlight, but for list recipients I'm knocking the price to $499. . . . Somebody's gonna get lucky! This was a crazy intense build, and I don't relish the concept of doing it terribly often. Grab it while it lasts!"
u2creechur.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Milky PROTOTYPE U2 "CREEchur Special Reserve"

What an amazing light. You know you've hit it big (milky) when your prototypes are highly sought after and sold by others. Milky rocks!

gottawearshades

Enlightened

blackbalsam, your PM inbox is full. You asked about the tint. And that is a long story.

Tint is always hard to describe. I would call the tint of the six white LEDs (Cree XPE R2WD) pure white, without much tint at all. As you turn up the red, the center pretty much stays white and the spill becomes warmer first (even though the red is in the center, the hotspot says mostly white--it's very cool, like having a knob to adjust color-balance on an old TV). You've just got to see it, but basically, if the red is turned all the way down, the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th levels are pure white.

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast

I nearly bought this when it was first made available by milky some months back...what a light!

Latest posts