ZL SC600?

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Read the reviews on this light but not quite clear on if it memorizes the last setting. Another words, if turned off, turned on two hours later will it come back on...on say medium?

Erik1213

Enlightened
No Zebralight works that way. Short press for high, long press for low and double click for medium. It's actually a really awesome way to have the interface since you can always instantly get to the mode you want from off.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
No Zebralight works that way. Short press for high, long press for low and double click for medium. It's actually a really awesome way to have the interface since you can always instantly get to the mode you want from off.

Thanks :( Wish it would just come on at the last setting so night vision is not diminished. And sounds a bit like a pain...

my#1hobby

Enlightened
Thanks :( Wish it would just come on at the last setting so night vision is not diminished. And sounds a bit like a pain...
It's not a pain at all. The long press for low is maybe a second and for high is half a second. I like it better than mode memory.

peterharvey73

Flashlight Enthusiast
What actually happens is that there are three levels, but those levels are divided into two sub-levels.
Thus, there is low 1 and low 2, medium 1 and medium 2, and high 1 and high 2.
A quick double click switches between the two sub-levels.

A slow long press gives low.
A fast short press gives high.
Holding the button down ramps from low, to medium, to high, and this cycles over and over.
Most of the time, flashlights are used on turbo, or low; medium least frequently, for most people.

The actual sub-levels are remembered by the flashlight.
So if you were previously on sub-level low 1, then it will turn on at sub-level low 1.
If you were previously on sub-level high 2, then it will turn on at sub-level high 2.
So the actual sub-level is remembered.
A quick double click switches between the two sub-levels.

The only problem with the SC600 is that not everyone wants a 30mm bezel diameter; some may prefer a smaller 1 inch 25mm bezel diameter.
Also, the usage and timing of the button takes a while to get use to.
Even after 10 months, I will occassionally accidentally turn my SC600 on turbo 750 lumens OTF at 3 am in the morning just out of bed!
Hence the SC600 is not the finest bedside light; it is better for medium distances like the back yard etc.
I just purchased a Jetbeam RRT-01 which should be perfect for the bedside, with a continuous adjustment ring, and a super low low, but only 500 lumens...

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
i wish the SC600 would drop down to the 60-something range. :)

if you saw the distributor price to the actual retail price, you'd flip! hahaha :)

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
i wish the SC600 would drop down to the 60-something range. :)

if you saw the distributor price to the actual retail price, you'd flip! hahaha :)

I bet. But probably the same cost/price thing for most lights...I guess...