Different Types of Inova X5s ?

DavidTHR

Enlightened
Reading some posts here on CPF, I see some people refer to a "X5", while others refer to a "X5T".

Are these two lights one and the same, or are they two different models?

If they are two different models, what are the differences between them?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Thank you.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The X5 has a head that can be twisted out (counterclockwise, oddly enough) for continous operation only. No momentary mode is available. And its lanyard hole is a bit on the small side.

The X5T has a tailcap that can be pushed in for momentary operation and twisted clockwise for continuous operation. And it has a larger lanyard hole too.

Outlaw already described the other differences.

B@rt

Flashaholic
Here is a pic of the first 2 versions, the top one is the one with switch. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
x5t-comp.jpg

More pics: TadGear

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doesn't the X5T have a clickie as well? Thought its supposed to be 3 modes, push-momentary, press-on/off, twist tailcap-lockout, is that right?

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, no. Only momentary switch, twist on-constant on, and twist off to lockout both (useful if in a place where accidental activation is a problem).

If I had 123 only lights, the X5T would be my long runtime, most used, and preferred for post disaster, blackout, or normal survival usage (not outdoor extreme survival, though it would do in this case also).

I call the interiors of manmade structures, where no outside light can get to: Urban Caves, as these are just as dangerous as natural caves, if you try to fumble around in total darkness. only the environment and the nature of the hazards are different. I would certainly prefer the X5T here, than a short run light, like the Arc LS or L4.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for clearing that up Charles. Well I do agree with you on the X5t. A lithium powered light with approx 20 hours runtime definitely sounds like a winner in any situation!! Arrgghh... that's 1 more on the 'to buy' list now!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif