Reprogramming a 4Sevens Quark RGB? or perhaps a custom P60 MC-E RGBW?

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
so I have a Quark RGB that I've been thinking about getting reprogrammed by someone with the skills and tools here at some point. Basically I'm really after a Quark tactical-style UI on my RGB, but I don't know if that's possible.

I'm thinking my best bet is probably to just get a P60 drop-in module made with an MC-E RGB. Can anyone do an MC-E RGB like so:

1. selectable strobe color schemes/patterns. say, strobe of white and blue and separate strobe mode of blue and red, etc.
---- basically like emergency vehicle colors (don't worry, I work for a police dept. and I'm not an idiot lol)
2. constant white LED when selected

can anyone make a P60 module like this? how would this be executed? what I dislike most about non-tactical UIs is that the next click within 3 seconds changes the mode, so I'd like to see it take three or more clicks to change modes. is that doable?

Thanks y'all!

p.s.: I'd first like to know if a P60 can be made like this to those specifications, but if worse comes to worst I'll look at getting the Quark RGB reprogrammed entirely. :)

Toaster79

Enlightened
P60 pill will only take like 17mm driver. Building a 3 channel 17mm driver would be quiet a challenge.

nickelflipper

Newly Enlightened
I think it is possible with certain limitations. It sounds like the original only uses one buck driver, and just switches the led dies with the twist of the head, is that right? To create color mixing I think you would have to go with linear regulation and use PWM to fit the 17mm form factor. A big help would be a mom/on/off switch so you wouldn't have to click your way to eternity for some interesting colors.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Depends on if you can get to the microcontroller in the flashlight and if it is worth the hassle. Once you can get to the controller, you can reprogram it, but depending on how the light is set up, you still might not be able to mix colors. Say if one pin of the microcontroller is used to set everything, then it might be hard to make it change colors the way you want to.