Malkoff Drop in for Mag Charger

nnmnu1

Newly Enlightened
I literally got mine in the mail today, I haven't played with it much but it is wayyyy brighter than the stock bulb.

Spydermonkey

Newly Enlightened
Any reviews yet from anyone? I was considering one as a replacement for my Terralux drop-in

Howecollc

Enlightened
I assume the focus is not adjustable? So what keeps the head from being twisted and ripping the bi-pin connectors out of the socket. I've never seen one of the Terralux MagCharger drop-ins in person either, so I have no concept of how they or the Malkoffs make electrical contact without getting twisted off. Anyone know what a 7 degree beam profile would look like compared to the stock MagCharger's hotspot at full focus?

Howecollc

Enlightened
How about someone move this thread over to the LED section? It's probably annoying the incan die-hards, and the Malkoff fans don't seem to have found it, as surely there's more than one guy who owns one of these drop-ins.

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking to pick up one of these drop ins. How is the installation? Does the reflector or anything need to be modified? How is the runtime and output on the newer battery pack, any issues?