Do we know of anyone who can repair/upgrade a L6 Surefire with a blown LED?

glenbear

Newly Enlightened
Do we know of anyone who can repair/upgrade a L6 Surefire with a blown LED?

Apologies, I'm a newbie to THIS forum, tho not to Surefire's.

A good friend (REALLY!) used rechargeable LiOn's in his L6 and POOF

He sent back to Surefire and the initial response has been, we don't make it any more, you abused it, pound sand.

Kinda weak as this was a simple mistake.

So can anyone recommend someone that he can send it to and have it fixed/upgraded?

Thanks in advance.

Glen

Happy owner of multiple E1's, E2's, C2's C3's, Z2's, Z3's, Centurians, M4's, M6's, M6lt, Kroma, U2, Fury's, Maximus, etc. Lots of M6's with LF Heads.

My next light is going to be a UDR

beach honda

Enlightened
If you are willing to spend some cash, get ahold of milkyspit. He does wonders with just about ANY light. Of course we here at cpf have a bevy of modders. Good luck.

I am sorry to hear about surefire not honoring their warranty. Sure it was user abuse, but perhaps a nice hand written letter or something of the sort might sway them? :shrug:

FPSRelic

Enlightened
Another option might be to put a wanted to buy post on www.cpfmarketplace.com for a Surefire KL5 head. They sometimes show up in the wanted to sell section, and well as the 'bay at times. Not sure about the older KL5's, but the newer KL5A's (NOT compatible with the L6 I think) usually go for around $70 to $100 if they're in decent shape. In some instances, you can buy an older beater L5 (which used the same head as the L6) for about that price. Try to verify that it's the older model with the KL5 head if you go that route though.