Need a travel tote for Surfire Minimus

brianna

Enlightened
I need something fairly durable, and padded to carry a Surefire Minimus on travel trips. Something that will work for camping, backpacks, or suitcases where space is at a premium.
What do you use, any thoughts?

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Although I don't use it I would think an eye glass case would work well. Personally I just throw mine in the backpack and go, no problems yet with accidental activation. If scratching up the lens is a concern just pop on the color filter that came with the light. I find it useful as a lens protecter and use it for nothing else anyway.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
my minimus stays in this, havent traveled with it yet though.
i can still stack batteries in it too, but a second row of batteries would be needed to keep the cells in place.
the lid is still able to close with the 4 x battery case standing vertically.

1000154n.jpg

1000156ma.jpg

1000158x.jpg

1000155r.jpg

1000162j.jpg

i can also fit either my G2 or C2 in with the minimus, but its tight, and the batteries would have to be removed, or tailcap locked out.
its not great on space, but is durable, and waterproof, and somewhat padded. if more padding is needed it would be an easy fix.

this might be a better option i just thought of.
its a compact digital camera case. its about perfect in height, zipper closes up without any problem
1000165ec.jpg

Last edited:

brianna

Enlightened
Skyfire the camera case is perfect. Who sells it, and what is the model?

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
its a kenneth cole camera case, and ive had it for years. i dont know if its even available anymore...

but the outside dimensions in inches are 3.75 x 4.75
the inside dimensions in inches are 3.25 x 4.25

the important part is the height of 4.25 inch clearance it has.
i measured the minimus and its just over 4 inches long.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry most of my lights in padded knife cases inside of a suitcase or Pelican case.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use a Lowpro camera case for mine. REI or Fry's Electronics sell them. The 1st gen Minimus and a converted match carrier holding two extra cells fits perfectly in the case I have.

Last edited:

brianna

Enlightened
Thanks, I purchased a 12 dollar camera case from best buy. Does not fit as perfect as yours but it will work.