M962 w/KT4, MN61 and FM23. Will this filter melt?

ArchAngelPaladin

Newly Enlightened
Hello, I'm new here and have a question. I have a Surefire M962 w/A19,LU10,KT4,MN61 and FM23 ir filter. I haven't used it yet I'm worried I might melt the filter. Anyone run this set up? Would I be better off with a Malkoff MD60 LED? I'm not sure how well the IR filter will work with an LED. Has anyone used that combo? Any help would be much appreciated!!

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
LEDs dont output meaningful amounts of IR. IR is not visible LEDs are designed to make light efficiently so IR is not included in the LED's phosphor chemistry. Unless you have a IR-LED which makes only IR light. nailbender can make a dedicated IR dropin

Surefire makes their IR filters for their bulbs if it melts SF will replace it, the only concern about destroying the filter should be explosive battery discharge. Don't mix fresh cells with used cells and your weaponlight will work as designed

End SF endorsement

ArchAngelPaladin

Newly Enlightened
LEDs dont output meaningful amounts of IR. IR is not visible LEDs are designed to make light efficiently so IR is not included in the LED's phosphor chemistry. Unless you have a IR-LED which makes only IR light. nailbender can make a dedicated IR dropin

Surefire makes their IR filters for their bulbs if it melts SF will replace it, the only concern about destroying the filter should be explosive battery discharge. Don't mix fresh cells with used cells and your weaponlight will work as designed

End SF endorsement
Thanks for the info. How would I go about contacting nailbender? What's an IR led cost?

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
[h=2]Go to the Custom & Modified Flashlights - Buy/Sell/Trade section and look for his sales thread for contact info also you can look for him in the members directory [/h]