Just got a Rofis ER 10 and Nitecore T0...aaa lights

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually 2 ER 10`s...one for a friend. I looked around here for a while for the best AAA light. Already have several older Fenix aaa lights. Wanted an upgrade. Sort of took a chance as there is little info on this light to be found here. Think I choose/gambled well. One Rofis has a bit more of a cream color...the other is surprisingly white, no tint I can detect. Both beams are bright and smooth...the white being perhaps a tad brighter. Rated at 30 lumens on medium...and I find this level...just great (I often felt the need to switch to the high level with my LOD`s). No real color shift noticed on low...3 lumen rating (I question this, seems more like 5~6), very usable. 85 lumen rating on high, very bright and impressive. Smooth operation...spring in bottom, stainless steel. Noticeably brighter than my somewhat aging LOD. Very happy with it :D

The Nitecore...what can I say...nice...pleased again. Feels fine in the hand...smooth operation...easy to turn on/off one handed, but not loose. Was a little worried as somewhere here, I read the led stuck out further that the Fenix E01. It does, but found it to be fine. My E01 is rated at 10 lumen...the Nitecore at 12. But the difference in light output seems much greater than that. Brighter spill, and much, much wider. Farther throw as well. On the wall the Nitecore is slightly whiter...tad more yellow-ish around the center...very nice improvement. Does not tail stand...springin bottom...polished titanium head.

My Fenix E01 is several years old and newer models may be brighter. It has been my loyal companion all along, never letting me down. Think I`ll just leave it on my key ring it it calls home. The Nitecore seems to cute to scratch all up...just yet. My short term opinion...Nitecore has taken the lead over the E01 brightness wise...brighter better. Run time is advertised to be the same...11 hours "sun mode". I would be surprised if this were true, given the additional brightness. But probably plenty long...;)

Last edited: