A warm welcome awaits MT26

Summit

Newly Enlightened
What I found MT26 is a very bright flashlight, driving the XML-U2 LED to 800 lumens,
the below pictures is loaded from NITECORE web site,
1-1_MT26_En17.jpg

In the forums there was said BJ has the item on sales already,http://www.batteryjunction.com/nitecore-mt26-smo.html

lionken07

Newly Enlightened
800 lumens for 2 hours? that isn't bad for just 1 18650. Can't wait for the reviews.

swimman

Newly Enlightened
Highly interested in this light and am looking for more info from anyone who has it and can post feedback. I'm new to the LED scene and just ordered a PA40 but also want something smaller so the MT26 is on my list.

lionken07

Newly Enlightened
yeah if this MT26 can keep 800 lumens for near 2 hours then Nitecore might have something. If not then it might not be anything speical. It doesn't look like it's a throwing master so it has to make it up in other department.

Newly Enlightened
Juat read the manual, it steps down after 3 minutes.

yes, IMHO because of heat. But the question is if you can start the 3 minute period any time, i.e. when the battery is on 40%, and if you have also 800 lm then?

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
So you only get two modes at a time? The turbo and one other user defined mode? That's pretty terrible for any who actually enjoys multiple modes. I wishe Nitecore would get off this kick where you have two levels and one is all out full blast and the other user defined. I would at least prefer to be able to define the two modes myself, if that is what I am forced to live with.

Better options out there in my opinion.