Help me pick a light engine for my C2\M2 build

beach honda

Enlightened
I have completed my C2\M2 build (with the exception of another SW01 on the way) :devil:

Please make some suggestions. I know what is available out there, but I am having a very difficult time deciding! I use a bored Z2 for a floody room lighter (Nailbender XML), I use an M3 with MN10 lamp for my Incan goodness and outdoor spotting. But this C2\M2 host has been sitting for a long while without a light engine. It is bored for 18mm cells. I have never tried torchlab (although I would LOVE to try their XPG-2 triple).

Just throw some ideas out there if you would. I am not necessarily purpose building this light like i did with the Z2 and M3, I just want an extremely dependable, bright module. Yes I have owned many malkoffs so no need to tout those even though they are supreme, but feel free if you are so compelled. Decent runtime would be nice hence the 3 mode OR triple.

Ok it's the light pictured at the top.

Thanks y'all

c1c8ebd0.jpg

bodhran

Enlightened
I made my own for my custom M2, sing the Nichia 219 and other parts from Illumination supply. Love that light...*s*

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you leaning more towards throw or flood?

If you are looking for more floody I would go for a Torchlabs Triple - runs great on two 18350 cells.
If you are looking for flood I would go with a single 18650 drop-in. Maybe a Nailbender or a Malkoff?

archimedes

Flashaholic
I run a Malkoff M61HCRI (the warm XP-G, not the 219) in nearly that exact host ... I don't have the Triad (yet), just the Z58 clicky instead.

It is one of my absolute favorites, and I consider it likely to be my single most reliable light :twothumbs

Last edited: