• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD $85 Mac's Copper P60 triple drop-in in 3500k

motigg

Newly Enlightened
I bought this triple a couple months ago here:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?340071-Copper-P60-Tri-XP-G-Modules

I asked Mac if he could make a warm one and he kindly agreed to do so. It's the XP-G version but unlike the others listed in the thread this one is 3500k. The tint is very nice (if you like warm) and the color rendering is very good. L/M/H with memory. Very nice drop-in but I need funds to cover some other purchases and just don't use it much. It has less than 2 hours of run time on it.

I paid $106 shipped. I'll sell for $90 $85 shipped.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Mac's Copper P60 triple drop-in in 3500k

Does this have the hich cri xpg's?

motigg

Newly Enlightened

I asked Mac about this. He told me the XPGs are not "technically" hi cri but that to his eye there is no difference. And I agree. I had a Malkoff hCRI to compare (recently sold it) and I think the Mac's rendered colors just as well and in some cases better due to the warmth (the triple is warmer than the Malkoff). I spent a fair amount of time making comparisons between the triple, the Malkoff hCRI, my Vinh 3500k, my HDS Seoul high CRI, and the Nichia Malkoff I had a while back. To my eye the Mac's triple and the Vinh rendered colors as well as or even in some cases better than the others but are noticeably warmer (which I like). The cooler lights (Nichia, Seoul HDS) might do blues better but when looking at an assortment of "natural" colors, e.g., a fruit basket full of pears, tomatoes, bananas, etc., or when outside, the 3500k XPGs do very well. But they are certainly warm, much warmer than the Nichia for example. I'm selling the triple and keeping the Vinh 3500k only because I have a diffuser for my 6P so I can benefit from the more throwy single emitter light but still get pure flood if needed, while the triple provides a great big hotspot but less throw, and the difference between it with the diffuser and without is not as significant as it is with the single emitter light. If I didn't have the diffuser I'd probably keep the triple.

Last edited:

motigg

Newly Enlightened

Bump with drop--now $85.

91FromStars

Newly Enlightened

I'll Take It.
:paypal:
PM sent also.

Last edited: