Some glow on DW triple xml

I thought I saw a thread somewhere to show the glow but I can't find it now. Sooo...

I guess this has been done before but it was my first attempt at doing any kind of glow stuff. I'm reasonbly happy with it though I wish I went for a different colour glow as I'm not fond of the pink colour when it is not glowing. In the second pic I put my hand in front of the light and turned it on to get it glowing but the last pic is how it is naturally from use (bright around the rims of the reflectors) which I think is kinda cool.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

So what you think? ...:duck:

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
cool - where did you get the glow powder? i would love to get some green for mine

tjhabak

Enlightened
Pretty cool indeed. What product did you use, and how did you apply it? Also, what type of host is that? Could you post a pic of it? Thanks

cool - where did you get the glow powder? i would love to get some green for mine
Glow Inc. They have the V10 (or what ever it's called) green. I have some green as well, it's brighter and glows much longer than the red. I think the red is worst for brightness and time period to glow.

Pretty cool indeed. What product did you use, and how did you apply it? Also, what type of host is that? Could you post a pic of it? Thanks
As indicated above, Glow Inc. product. I followed steps that I found on cpf. Mix desired portion of 2 part epoxy, make sure it is not the 5 minute stuff (you need time to work it) and it also needs to dry clear. No need to spend ages mixing because you add glow powder mixing along the way until you think it can take no more. By then it's gotten thicker than plain mixed epoxy, it's more of a paste. Apply as needed.

In this case I applied it and then used some cling wrap stretched over it to carefully press/knead it to the area without squishing it into the reflectors. I then left the cling in place and placed a dirty old stock mag lens over (the boro float lens stuck to the cling so the dirtier/scratched the old lens the better), that made it reasonably flat. Before it got too hard I worked my finger over the cling again to get any wrinkles out. Once it was hard hard I screwed the lens back on. So it was a bit of a PITA but I like the result.

Oh the host is an Elephant II by Fivemega

Thanks

Last edited: