mods for Mag 4C?

bigred

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys. First, let me say that I am new to flashlights(real ones) and know absolutely nothing about modding them. I have a Mag 4C light that hasn't been used in years. I hate using it because of the "rings" in the beam. My question is this. Is there a simple mod that can make this light brighter and with a better beam. Keep in mind that I want to keep this as simple as possible. I would rather not have to fabricate anything, a "drop-in" would be the best for me, especially an LED. I am an ARC nut so I am obviously a fan of LED lights. Anyway, any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Maybe an Everled???

Or maybe an INSANE number of 123A batts driving ??? bulb. (others will comment here!)

Or maybe just put a KPR103 bulb in it, and some Writeright film or an Acrylite lense (search in BST Lights for "acrylite")

Good luck and HOLD ON TO YOUR WALLET!!!

RussH

Enlightened
What Joe said. And do a search on here for Mag 2C and M@g 3C mods for some more ideas

EMPOWERTORCH

Enlightened
The obvious way forward is to get it Luxeonised! There are literally hundreds of modders who will help you in this, from selecting your Luxeon to intalling it in your torch. If you've never seen a Luxeon LED before, its sheer power will astound you! The most efficient ones are Cyan 5 Watt Luxeons, as they provide huge amounts of hi visibility light! My Luxeon modded Mag 4D can light an entire Welsh valley from its single Lueon LED. Mine's a few months old now, so the latest ones will be even brighter. Luxeon technology is advancing at such a rapid rate!
The great thing about a well put together luxeon modded torch... its always ready to go...no glass bulbs to break and a very much better beam than your filament bulb will ever produce!