Show us your last mod light

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys, like the tittle say, show us your last mod light.

Because all the new Leds, neutrals, warm, xpg2 etc I think that everybody want to try something better.

I will like also that you share here what are you thinking to mod in the near future...

In my case, I am going to try to build my first triple Led P60 module with three Osram warm Leds, if the module result like I want I am going to try to put in a surefire light... What I dont have yet...

SFMI4UT

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Does it have to be something meant to be a light? My second to last mod was a 2 AA battery carrier that was changed into a 1 AA light with a joule thief driver that was built to be a battery vampire. It "only" runs down to 0.6v though, so I'll have to try again with another carrier. It's a cheap 5mm LED with spare parts from around my drawer.

The last mod was a Minimag with a spare Seoul P9 from another light in a small brass heatsink made from brass washers. Driver was built from 2 SMD components, a boost driver IC and a 5 µH inductor, should push 60-70 mA to the LED on 2 fresh AA batteries. Aspherical lens instead of a reflector. It's not very bright or far throwing, but it's a fun light to play with due to the really narrow beam.

I might try to mod a 26650 light into a 2 C cell light, got a short reflector, XP-E Q5 (from a few years back), and a boost driver already, just need the light to arrive so I can check if C batteries fit.

Unlike most of the mods, I've not been aiming at super high output or throw, yet. Been trying to make battery vampires lately.