FIREFLY MOD

Jets22

Enlightened
I did an Arc mod with a Tritium capsule in the powerpack not long ago. I thought the Firefly would be nice lit up a little also. I just received the FireFly today (thanks D) and thought no better time than the present. I drilled the copper and recessed the Tritium capsule enough to prevent possible damage. I knew the capsule would protrude into the optic area and picked this area for a reason. (the pictures will show why) ..The Firefly now has a nice green glow at night and bleeds white light through the capsule when turned on. Thought you guys would like a couple shots. I would also like to thank DAZ for all his help..without his assistance this would never have gotten done. web page web page web page

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
Suhhwwheeeett! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Just like some CPFers had suggested! Great work!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Where did you get a tritium capsule that size?

When I saw this post in the list, I was guessing that you had goteen it gold TiN finished (that would rock!).

Jets22

Enlightened
LEDmodman..I like the way you think, I might just do this one in a Titanium Nitride. I was able to get some 1/16th casules from a friend. I have been finding them great for all sorts of light projects. I like having the white dot when it lights up..kinda cool looking..

bucken

Enlightened
Very tempting... I would definitely do this IF I only had the right size capsule. I assume the Glowring capsules (removed from the holder, of course) are too big to even consider?

d'mo

Enlightened
Argh! double post! A pox on me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice, Nice, REALLY NICE!!/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
As d'mo asked where do you get those capsule? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Jets22

Enlightened
Well, on the capsules. I'm not sure I can say. I believe there is some new legislation on tritium capsules in the U,S. I acquired mine as a gift from a friend, If anyone trys this Mod I would use a 1/32nd bit and work your way up to 1/16th. Seemed to work the best for me.

daz

Newly Enlightened
Great MOD Jets22,you certainly didn`t waste any time.I am pleased i could help you out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Nice mod Jets22. As for the tiny capsule, if you buy one of those new "Glow-Discs", they appear to have a capsule exactly that size inside.

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey great mod!, why don't you put a 'ring' of capsules say like 4 or 6 around? But that would certainly weaken the whole structure.