VIDEO REVIEW: Olight S10 Baton

Snareman

Enlightened
I picked up one of these S10 Baton's. Its a great little light, especially for the money, except for the very poorly designed pocket clip. :(

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the video review and your thoughts. I agree this might be a great light. The magnet offers a lot...might also be a problem in the pocket grabbing keys...or when leaning up against a car....clunk...lol. But, that aside...I really think this will be on my small, short list...I like that it remembers the last setting too. Looks like a winner to me.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea, I had a few tongue issues in there... :grin2:

nice objective review though!

its better to note both good and bad points of the light so its up to the viewer if they will get the light or not.

me, i will still get this light, for one, i dont care for the pocket clip (it will be removed right away). plus i love the small size and the cool magnet on the end. might come in handy in emergency situations.

ohio72

Newly Enlightened
Great job on the review. I have had this light for about 3 days now and I absolutely love it. First thing I did was get rid of the clip. I was amazed when i put it on full power, this thing is a little pocket rocket!

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great job on the review. I have had this light for about 3 days now and I absolutely love it. First thing I did was get rid of the clip. I was amazed when i put it on full power, this thing is a little pocket rocket!

Is the brightness the same on both primaries and rechargeables?

ohio72

Newly Enlightened
I have only used the primaries. Just found this site and it's got me hooked. Next purchase is going to be a HDS clicky.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great video review as always.
There are quite a few details in the construction or design of the light which i wouldnt like:
+ the tail cap is not flush with the body
+ the key ring attachment point is a joke (Olight i3), a major annoyance whenever i'd take the light into my hand (with the keyring attached).

i heard that there will be more lights in this Baton series (1x AA, ..).

The clip? okay, not good either, you are right.

I would return the light if i were you and didnt like it.
Not a keeper ;)

Hoosier Light

Newly Enlightened
Agreed, very good review. I'm taken with the UI--seems very well thought out. And 0.5 lumens to 300 plus sounds good to me. Plus the small size and clip will be fine for sticking on my hat. (Nothing goes in my pocket that is big enough to require a clip.) Will be interested to hear more about the beam quality

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Agreed, very good review. I'm taken with the UI--seems very well thought out. And 0.5 lumens to 300 plus sounds good to me. Plus the small size and clip will be fine for sticking on my hat. (Nothing goes in my pocket that is big enough to require a clip.) Will be interested to hear more about the beam quality

I think I would've preferred double-click being a shortcut to high rather than strobe.

Snareman

Enlightened
I have only used the primaries. Just found this site and it's got me hooked. Next purchase is going to be a HDS clicky.

Welcome to CPF! :welcome: My HDS is my favorite light. Hope you can find one with out too much of a delay as they can be quite a challenge to find.

Last edited:

Snareman

Enlightened
Great video review as always.
There are quite a few details in the construction or design of the light which i wouldnt like:
+ the tail cap is not flush with the body
+ the key ring attachment point is a joke (Olight i3), a major annoyance whenever i'd take the light into my hand (with the keyring attached).

i heard that there will be more lights in this Baton series (1x AA, ..).

The clip? okay, not good either, you are right.

I would return the light if i were you and didnt like it.
Not a keeper ;)

Thanks. Yep, the clip kills it for it so I'm sending the light back. Its almost like no one tried to put it in their pocket before they mass produced it. I noticed the problems with it the first time I tried to get it into my pocket. :fail: I need to be a beta tester for these companies... :shakehead

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the review and I'm glad I found it. I've been intrigued with this little light every since I read about it here and it's got everything I want including front button (I am sooooo tired of rear clicky's).
Love the magnet idea. It'll work great with that plate in my head. Clunk and there it is...

Also, I never use clips so I'm good to go :)

Gonna have to get me one. From having a buttload of lights and having sold just about all of them, now I find myself LOOKING for lights :(

So, I'm gonna have to buy a few new lights.

Thanks again

George

Hoosier Light

Newly Enlightened
I opened up the package with my new S10 yesterday. Worked just fine. Put it aside for 90 minutes. When I picked it up again, it would not turn on. Tried various primaries to make sure it wasn't a battery problem. Cleaned it with alcohol, lubed it with Deoxit. No luck. So it's back to Going Gear for replacement. Anybody else have quality problems?