Klarus        

Thread: Looking for a flashlight

Enlightened

Default Looking for a flashlight

My ultimate flashlight would run off of AA batts, tail switch, decent run time on high output (6+ hours ) and look cool like the L1 LumaMax from SureFire. I guess you could say I like the LumaMax but don't like the fact that it runs off of 123s.

Any suggestions?

Default Re: Looking for a flashlight

ARC makes a flashlight, the LS, that normally runs off a single 123 battery, but it is available in a 2xAA battery configuration and a push button tailcap.

It is availabe in a variety of models ranging from factory seconds to preium models. Check out their website www.arcflashlight.com

-barry

Flashaholic*

DELLED
    Welcome to CPF.
    You might consider a UBH with a KL1, or a StopLight with a sandwich. IMHO if you like a L1 you should buy a L1 [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img] Then buy a lot of batteries for a $1 to a $1.25 on line and enjoy your favorite light [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    The ARC LSH-P with a 2AA tail would be the best AA luxeon IMHO.

Flashaholic*

A MadMax or BadBoy in a minimag with a kroll switch would be perfect, but not look so "cool". Good price, great performance. See here for a review.

I've been using a E2e / KL1 with the CR123 Dspeck extender so I can use 2AA... Should get between 2 1/2 - 3 hours runtime (far short of your goal).

With an additonal AA Dspeck extension it should get around 5 hours? on 3 AA.

The UBH would look way 'cleaner' but I worked with the components that I had and that I could get at an affordable price... if you have an E2e Kl1 already it might be an option to explore.

Or, if you have a KL1 head, maybe the TW3 will work with 2AA? That would look a lot cleaner than the E2e body and an extension -- but would not have a TS.

Of course if you don't have a KL1 already, it's not the best 1W out there, from that I have seen/heard they tend to be really off greenish color.

editied to add --
    I really like the idea of a Mclux head of some sort, it seems that would afford a lot of choices in sandwich/led combinations and be very upgradable. It could go on a UBH or an E2e w/a extension. Downside is that the Mclux heads and innards would be $$