Norton Anti-Virus 2004?

CanadianGuy

Newly Enlightened
Can someone offer a bit of tech support? I purchased NAV 2004 Pro online a few days ago, and D/L'd it. Upon installation, it gave me an error (which is listed on Norton's support site, and explains how to fix it...but the fix doesn't work)

It says "Norton antivirus has encountered an internal program error. Uninstall and re-install NAV. Error #3005,545"

So I've done this 3-4 times already. Still won't fix it. This is because "NAV Option list is unable to communicate with a Script Blocking file called ScrBlock.DLL"

So it tells me to edit the registry. I try this and regedit says I can't edit that one. What's going on???! This is driving me nuts.

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
What operating system are you using? Also, have you completely un-installed previously installed Norton products off your computer prior to installing this one? Are you making sure that NAV is not loading at startup or running when you try to edit the registry?

When you are denied access to edit that registry entry, what is the exact message you are receiving?

Mike