Decent Holster for Sunwayman V20A or 2xAA lights in general?

Hellz

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I finally got my Sunwayman V20A, which is awesome, but the next thing is to get a decent holster for it.

The V20A is a touch under 6" long and 0.91" in Diameter. I've got my eye on the Maxpedition 5" holster, but wondered if this was the only real contender? I would like to attach it to my Rush 12 (Sandstone).

Any alternatives I should be aware of before I go the Maxpedition route?

Patrick

Hellz

Newly Enlightened
I've just watched a YouTube video of the Maxpedition Sheath and I've got a feeling it might be a bit too loose. Looks like it would be good for a multi-tool or thicker light, but it looks like the V20A might rattle around in there a bit.

So any other contender that might be a little more snug?

Thanks,
Patrick

jcalvert

Enlightened
I've just watched a YouTube video of the Maxpedition Sheath and I've got a feeling it might be a bit too loose. Looks like it would be good for a multi-tool or thicker light, but it looks like the V20A might rattle around in there a bit.

So any other contender that might be a little more snug?

Thanks,
Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Depending on whether you want the light completely encased or not, two of my favorite sheath/holster brand are Ripoffs which have a multitude of specific sizes and styles, and Nite-Ize which has just one holster for flashlights here, but it's my favorite due to its 360o​ rotating design and because it expands to fit a range of diameters with the ends open for immediate access to the switch on many models depending on the switch's placement.

Customs are also an option including CPF member "clbme", who creates wonderful, custom products, to your specs, using the material known as Kydex. He is in the Marketplace under the "Misc. Non-Lights" sub forum here. I have to go, but please feel free to PM me for more specifics or other ideas.

Best wishes,
John

Hellz

Newly Enlightened
Ah, Thanks John, I'd completely forgotten about RipOffs, I'll have a browse once I get home from work.

Thanks for all the info. :)

Patrick