The SureFire LX2U-A LumaMax Ultra thread

Craig K

Enlightened
The LX2 LumaMax Ultra is now up on the Surefire website how long before we can buy this light it must be very soon?

Craig K

Enlightened
Re: LX2 LumaMax Ultra

Hope someone will post a review of this light soon, will it have the same tight beam as the original LX2?

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's the only OEM light I'm presently waiting for! I agree it would be great if we could read a review, as well as seeing a few beam profiles!

Edit: I hope Marshall does a video review on this one!

Another Edit: This however kind of scares me as to what degree. Quote taken off of LA Police Gears site; "This highly efficient light emitting diode products a higher component of yellowish-green light to which the human eye is most sensitive".

Reading the above staement, I may already have what I need in my XP-G2 led swap in one of my Fury's!

Last edited:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

I wonder how much it will cost. Looks interesting though. Have the LX2 and love it. If this throws as well but with a bigger hotspot, I might be in for it.

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast

I wonder how much it will cost. Looks interesting though. Have the LX2 and love it. If this throws as well but with a bigger hotspot, I might be in for it.

There are a couple of sites showing retails in the $225 to $235 range (but not in stock). Since the Surefire list price is $300 I expect the minimum retail to be $210.

As best I can remember, that's about the same as the old LX2 before the price drops.

Up All Night

Enlightened

If the video is any indication the beam profile is quite different from the LX2, which is a good thing if it throws as well or better. At $300 it will be sometime before one lands at my place! EB1 please..............waiting!!

ico

Enlightened

There are a couple of sites showing retails in the $225 to $235 range (but not in stock). Since the Surefire list price is $300 I expect the minimum retail to be $210.

As best I can remember, that's about the same as the old LX2 before the price drops.

I just want to ask why is it that the retail price from dealers are lower than Surefire's pricing?

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just want to ask why is it that the retail price from dealers are lower than Surefire's pricing?

The prices shown on the Surefire site are the manufacturer's suggested retail price. To be competitive with one another, retailers normally sell their products lower than that price.

Surefire could certainly sell their lights cheaper on their own website but that would discourage retailers from carrying their products.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

The prices shown on the Surefire site are the manufacturer's suggested retail price. To be competitive with one another, retailers normally sell their products lower than that price.

Surefire could certainly sell their lights cheaper on their own website but that would discourage retailers from carrying their products.
It's funny though because a few years back Surefire issued a memo to all dealers to keep the pricing on par with their MSRP or risk loosing their dealership. But look at what is happening now.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast

has the original plan changed, where they were going to release two new versions, one with a click & one with the traditional twist/momentary? I remember when I first heard of that I was planning on getting both versions, swapping the tailcaps, then flipping the other one, but I can't remember what the other differences were that made me prefer the light that came with the twist switch. Guess I have to search my own post history, delve into my mind from a year ago, then go back to the future & make it happen.

but still no clic switch on anything that fits these right?

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's funny though because a few years back Surefire issued a memo to all dealers to keep the pricing on par with their MSRP or risk loosing their dealership. But look at what is happening now.

You're right. I don't have any first hand knowledge of this but it looks to me as if Surefire has set new minimum retail pricing at 70% of list. For example, the M6LT now commonly retails for $298 which is exactly 70% of the list price on their website ($425). It's either that or one retailer dropped down to 70% on their own and a lot of others just played follow the leader.

Craig K

Enlightened

Can't wait for someone to get this light and post there thoughts on it hope it will be available soon.

Up All Night

Enlightened

has the original plan changed, where they were going to release two new versions, one with a click & one with the traditional twist/momentary? I remember when I first heard of that I was planning on getting both versions, swapping the tailcaps, then flipping the other one, but I can't remember what the other differences were that made me prefer the light that came with the twist switch. Guess I have to search my own post history, delve into my mind from a year ago, then go back to the future & make it happen.

but still no clic switch on anything that fits these right?

I'll save you the wear and tear on your flux capacitor. The 2012 cat. lists LX2 Lumamax @ 250 lumens w/2 stage tac switch/dual output click-type. The LX2 Lumamax Ultra @ 500 lumens w/2 stage tac switch. Are they interchangeable? You would think, but it is Surefire. The description of the Ultra also mentions a more "yellowish-green" light, which is the most sensitive colour for the human eye. Thanks for the heads-up on tints!!:laughing:

Raptor Factor

Newly Enlightened

Wasn't there something in the catalog about high CRI or better perceived illumination? Surefire's product page doesn't mention it or the programming dongle either. Also would this be a good military/combat-light? It's under the general use/self-defense categories on their product filter.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll save you the wear and tear on your flux capacitor. The 2012 cat. lists LX2 Lumamax @ 250 lumens w/2 stage tac switch/dual output click-type. The LX2 Lumamax Ultra @ 500 lumens w/2 stage tac switch. Are they interchangeable? You would think, but it is Surefire. The description of the Ultra also mentions a more "yellowish-green" light, which is the most sensitive colour for the human eye. Thanks for the heads-up on tints!!:laughing:

Thank you!

Hopefully the click version is still on it's way. In the meantime I just need to convince myself that the green tint isn't going to be s dealbreaker. Because if they're advertising it as green, as a feature, you know it's going to be green. Real green. Unless they're just trying to be proactive, if they've had a recent surge of attempted claims about tint complaints (when it wasn't billed as better than white for the human visual spectrum).

SureFire!

:rock:

Craig K

Enlightened

Anymore news guys on when this light will be available to buy?

chanjyj

Enlightened

I may be in Australia (Brisbane) by the time the light comes out and then I'll be unable to get my hands on it. A pity.

I'm very curious as to what this "greenish" thing is all about though.

Last edited: