New Surefire marking or Arc rip-off...

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
faaf9538.jpg

K-T

*Moderator*
Ahh, that's what was on the bezel rim. I thought my eyes were playing a trick on me, thus I didn't believe to see a small warning sign.

Interesting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

K-T

*Moderator*
[ QUOTE ]
Xrunner said:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif I saw that in another pic earlier today. What light is that?

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe in the knive-section, FC. posted his new Strider GB together with the E1e and I asked him what the little symbol was.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Surefire may have borrowed it from Arc, but can we really blame them? I mean it's a warning for heaven sakes. Next thing we know, people are going to get upset about writing around the head /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
I guess that SureFire are using safety labelling that with text and symbol goes towards meeting both ISO 3864 and ANSI Z535.4 so that the products can be CE marked for export to Europe.

[Please note that I am not an expert on either ISO 3864 or ANSI Z535.4]

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doesn't bother me. SF are one of the good guys and like Saaby says, it just a warning label.

We hope to get rid of the label on our lights once we switch to more precise temperature control (LS4 and on).

Peter

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Call me freak or rice, I actually like these labels. These labels makes them a distinction from normal lights like m@glite /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Vince.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with koala. Kinda cool, lets people know this ain't your grandma's 2D flashlight!

GregR

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
How would you know that? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif It's not like you have anything to do with it on everyday bases /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif