EagleTac D25-series: Which model(s) did you buy?

[size=5]EagleTac D25-series: [b]Which model(s) did you buy?[/b][/size]

• [size=3]D25[b]A[/b] Mini or Clicky[/size]

Votes: 52 22.3%
  • [size=3]D25[b]A Ti[/b] Mini or Clicky[/size]

Votes: 54 23.2%
  • [size=3]D25[b]A2[/b] Mini or Clicky[/size]

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • [size=3]D25[b]C[/b] Mini or Clicky[/size]

Votes: 47 20.2%
  • [size=3]D25[b]C Ti[/b] Mini or Clicky[/size]

Votes: 58 24.9%
  • [size=3]D25[b]C2[/b] Mini or Clicky[/size]

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • [size=3]D25[b]LC2[/b] Mini or Clicky[/size]

Votes: 65 27.9%
  • [size=3]Multiple copies of 1+ of the above 7 options[/size]

Votes: 13 5.6%

• Total voters

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Eagletac Eagtac ET D-series has

• LED options (XP-G, XP-G2, XM-L, XM-L2, Nichia, Color),
  • tint options (CoolWhite vs. a very warmish white called "Neutral"White; Nichia, Color),
  • battery configuration options (1xAA, 2xAA, 1xCR123A, 2xCR123A, 1x18650),
  • material options (aluminum vs. titanium),
  • and even switch options (clicky vs. twisty).

Anyone looking for a super compact modern EDC light should find a D-series configured model which suits his/her needs best!

The D-series is maybe the most popular new flashlight series introduced in 2012, at least the many cpf threads indicate such a trend. If you bought several copies of the identical model (e.g. 2 copies of D25A Clicky Ti: 1 for you, 1 as gift for somebody else), please note so in writing because the above poll cant take note of numbers.

So, which model(s) did you buy?

Last edited:

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just debating which one to get the dc25c either in S2/cool or R4/Neutral...I am undecided...

STR

Newly Enlightened
I have the D25A mini in titanium limited edition. I like it. The size is great, it gets hot with the higher volt bat. in it and I don't like the gritty feeling of the threads but its working out as I use it. It has three settings and while I do carry it at this time its only the size that wins me over. I don't like having to shuffle through to get to high where I'd just as soon keep it all the time so if there is something to be said about the higher voltage batteries with my model it is bright and it has one setting high. I've also found that you can kinda cheat a momentary switch benefit out of this light by twisting the bezel end just a bit so its off but then using your index and thumb on the clip and bind the end making it contact and you can go through the settings quicker that way to get to high and then twist or you can just use it momentarily and let it go. I still think overall the PA10 by JetBeam is a better light although this one does stretch the batteries out for longer life. Its not by much though and it is not as bright or as convenient to use unless you opt to try the momentary trick I found. I don't think that is supposed to be that way but perhaps so either way if not you have to use two hands to use the Eagletac. The only real advantage to this light over the PA10 is size and the clip is better on the EagleTac. That says a lot though because I feel the JETbeam PA10 has a pretty good clip on it but I do like how the ET is screwed on much as I'd do for a pocket clip on a knife. In my opinion using lithium ion 14500 bats in this light is a mistake. It gets really hot and the light is very thin walled and not very big. You end up holding the but pretty quick with it and I quit using those things in this light regardless of what the spec says.

TweakMDS

Enlightened
Currently:
D25A Ti Clicky XM-L
D25A Clicky XP-G (<-- edc-ing that usually)
D25C Ti Clicky XM-L NW (<-- the one that has it all)

And within a few weeks - when the XP-G2's will start to show up, I'll get a D25LC2 in XP-G2 and another D25C. Not sure if I'd opt for another D25A unless they do more titaniums with the XP-G2.
I did also order an ET21 module in XP-G2 for my P20A2, and since I use that for long walks usually, I'm not so keen on the D25A2. Apart from slim size and maybe a bit of UI, the P20A2 is the better light.

The D25A and D25C have easily become my favorite lights in almost all respects.

LowLumen

Newly Enlightened
I have a D25LC2 Mini. Like it for the compact size, well placed lumen levels, good general use beam profile, and efficient driver combined with a great 18650 battery capacity. I have no particular preference for clicky switch and would just a soon go with the ultra reliable twisty for my usage. Don't need any more modes on this light either. Never have need for the flashy SOS stuff, and it stays buried in the simple UI. Works the way I like starting on low and no memory.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
D25A clicky
D25A clicky Ti
D25C clicky

Currently, I'm liking the D25A clicky the most. I run my light on IMR 14500 cells. All 3 are good lights. However, the D25A aluminum clicky wins because it's smaller and lighter than the D25C, and heat management isn't quite as bad as in the titanium D25A.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
D25C S2 twisty
D25LC2 S2 twisty
D25C S2 clicky
D25LC2 S2 clicky
D25C U2 clicky

It is highly probable that I will buy the XP-G2 versions too.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
D25A clicky
D25A clicky Ti
D25C clicky

Currently, I'm liking the D25A clicky the most. I run my light on IMR 14500 cells. All 3 are good lights. However, the D25A aluminum clicky wins because it's smaller and lighter than the D25C, and heat management isn't quite as bad as in the titanium D25A.

You find that worthwhile given the light goes into direct drive and loses most of its lower modes?

I have the D25A clicky Ti NW (actually a few) and like it a lot for its size, looks, UI and tint, but all of my samples have/had quality issues. 14500s are reserved for my Quark Xs which operate normally on them.

Last edited:

david57strat

Enlightened
I went with the D25LC2, with the XM-L U2 driver, and I'm using an EagleTac 3100 mAh 18650 battery. Excellent runtime and high output (for its size), features, and user interface. It might be nice to try picking up the XP-G2 R5 version, for a little more throw. I occasionally miss the momentary on/off feature I have on other lights, but not enough to regret the purchase, given its other features. Nice construction and feel, and it definitely has the "wow" factor with non-flashaholics.

Last edited:

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
I'm wondering, according to selfbuilt the D25C2 is brighter than the CL2, would the CL2 be just as bright running on 2 18350's?

ouchyfoot

Newly Enlightened
I bought a D25LC2 Clicky and liked it so much I bought the whole clicky series. I liked the pocket clip on the D25A + C so much that I bought the whole mini (twisty) series.
...and I love them all.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
You find that worthwhile given the light goes into direct drive and loses most of its lower modes?

I have the D25A clicky Ti NW (actually a few) and like it a lot for its size, looks, UI and tint, but all of my samples have/had quality issues. 14500s are reserved for my Quark Xs which operate normally on them.

All three of my D25s work flawlessly with no quality issues.

On a 14500, the D25a still has high and low mode. It's good enough for brief use at high or extended use at low. I'd prefer that it had a medium mode that could be used for extended periods so it isn't perfect.

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
My 1 year old hid my fav... D25A Ti neutral. Ah kids, still can't find it. I was able to find the EC2 thanks to the blinking locator under his bed!