Sunwayman C20C Arriveth!

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another successful delivery by: Hank of International Outdoor:
img2012091400044.jpg

I feel like a kid opening his Christmas present!
img2012091400045.jpg

...peer inside the box
img2012091400046.jpg

And here is the light! First impressions? I can't believe how small it is!
img2012091400047.jpg

And here's the other stuff I ordered from Hank:
img2012091400049.jpg

And here it is compared to my other lights. Notice that its just almost the same size as my quark EDC?
img2012091400052.jpg

And since i dont like pocket clips, i took it off and replaced it with a pull tie as shown below:

img2012091700053.jpg

Initial Impressions:

1. The light did malfunction during the first few minutes of usage. Somehow after testing and trying it out for a few more minutes, it stabilizes and functions properly afterwards (functions normally since then)
2. The size, you won't believe its an 18650 light!
3. Brightness, not really as bright as might be expected from a 450 lumen light. I guess im just used to the 650 and up which i carry around with me.
4. Would give my Quark EDC a run for its money, but I dont like to get this new light scratched so I got it its own pouch and leave it in my bag.
5. The head's a bit tough to open, so i opted not to touch that portion. The tailcap's a bit small and thin, I was initially a bit scared to deform it, but seems to be holding up well.
6. Lastly, a bit of a tight fit with protected 18650's. When I say tight fit is that the protected 18650 is a bit long so therefore both springs on the light get compressed more compared to using unprotected cells.
7. Runtime's excellent, i left it on low and left the light on the whole night, and it still has enough juice to keep going today.
8. The warning indicator comes on as expected, havent tried leaving it on until the light dies.
9. The lockout was initially hard to time correctly. I wish there was a faster way to lockout the light. Having to wait for seven seconds is a bummer. Why? Because if you do it early, the light will only change modes, too late, the light again will just change modes. If you do it correctly in at least 7 seconds, that's the only time you get the light to lockout.

REMINDER: The light does seem to malfunction after inserting the battery for the first time. Also, when it wont turn on, make sure the tailcap is securely fastened and lubricated (at the threads).

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
3. Brightness, not really as bright as might be expected from a 450 lumen light. I guess im just used to the 650 and up which i carry around with me.
Interesting, 'selfbuilt' measured 620lm in his sample before stepdown and ~450lm after.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting, 'selfbuilt' measured 620lm in his sample before stepdown and ~450lm after.

Really? Maybe when run with two RCR123's, Haven't tried it though. On the lower right portion of the box (a bit hidden in the box photo above) it reads 450 lumens. I compared this to my V9 and the BC25, you can clearly see the difference, well, given the fact that these two have higher lux. The beam pattern on the C20C is more spread out, kind of like the Quark AA EDC i use, only brighter. FYI, the Quark's spill is still wider and there seems to be a donut hole in the middle of the C20C reminicent to the TK35's donut hole. Oh well, at least it's water tight! Tested it last night during heavy downpour, no worry of water ingress.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's equally bright with 1x18650 so that's not the problem. Yes, beam profile makes a difference. More focused light looks brighter than floody one. Ceiling test will give you better answer than white wall hunting ;)

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's equally bright with 1x18650 so that's not the problem. Yes, beam profile makes a difference. More focused light looks brighter than floody one. Ceiling test will give you better answer than white wall hunting ;)

thanks! i'll try testing it tonight against my Turbo X and BC25 :)

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
The head has a little bit of blue loctite but is otherwise removable. Enjoy!