Broken LED LENSER Torch - Need help repairing.

nicko19473

Newly Enlightened
I have a LED LENSER P7 that my friends dropped on the concrete a little while ago. When they dropped it the P7's high mode now doesn't work. The P7 has 3 modes: Boost (when button is held in), High (one press) and low (two presses). Both the boost and and low still work but the high doesn't. As the high is the mode I use the most I would like to get it fixed. I have changed the batteries a couple of times and played with the springs and contacts but with no prevail. Thankyou in advance for your help.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like a loose solder joint in a driver. The power path, switch, and LED are in tolerable shape from your tests. Try their warranty? I hear LL has a decent one.

nicko19473

Newly Enlightened
Guys, I have contacted the warranty service. But I am still hoping to fix it. The connection may be under the Led so I am going to try and check that out. Thanks

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are two wires going to the LED and that is it for the head, heat sinking and the lens. The connection will most likely be in the tail cap. You can twist the battery holder off from the tail cap and you should see a switch. The switch has 3 contacts. If you cycle though the modes, turbo should measure close to 0 ohm, high should measure 1.5 Ohm and low should measure 100 Ohm.

elanra

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
I have same problem with Led Lenser P7 torch. High beam won't work. Does anyone know how to disassemble switch?