Anyone buy from TMart and given a not so user friendly tracking number?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hot Brass

Enlightened
Not sure where to put this,but I bought a Ulrafire HD2010 light from TMart and they shipped it from their U.S. warehouse on Aug 30 2012. TMart use a third party or whatever shipper called PostClubusa and I was given a tracking number(all 12 numbers),so I checked the progress of the package and it ended up here in Canada ,apparantely at the Canada Post and has been sitting there since Sept 6 2012. I tried contacting Canada Post and I gave them this tracking number and I was told that there was zero information regarding this tracking number! She thought something was"not right" as soon as I gave here that number, because all Canada Post and USPS tracking numbers start with 2 letters,9 numbers,ending in 2 more letters. This number was all 12 numbers. Neither USPS or Canada Post have any info when using this number.
I have sent maybe 6 e-mails to TMart and each time i get a different person replying,saying that it takes 20 days to get package,even after I tell them each time it's been in Canada for 11 days!!
Not sure what to do next,as Canada Post can't do anything at this point!
Maybe they have a "cross reference" to de-cipher that number into a 'useable' one??
Anyone have this kind of trouble before? Thanks,Hot Brass

Last edited:

Yamabushi

Enlightened
Re: Anyone buy from TMart and given a useless tracking number?

She thought something was"not right" as soon as I gave here that number, because all Canada Post and USPS tracking numbers start with 2 letters,9 numbers,ending in 2 more letters.

That's incorrect. Both USPS and Canada Post have multiple tracking number formats including some that are all numeric.

Neither USPS or Canada Post have any info when using this number.

Postclub USA is "carrier neutral"; they don't necessarily use the postal service so they use their own tracking number formats, one of which is 12 numeric. Depending on the service category, Postclub USA may track shipments only to the point it transfers to a postal service. For the higher service category, they track shipments outside the USA only in some countries; Canada is not one of those countries.

Hot Brass

Enlightened

That's incorrect. Both USPS and Canada Post have multiple tracking number formats including some that are all numeric.

Postclub USA is "carrier neutral"; they don't necessarily use the postal service so they use their own tracking number formats, one of which is 12 numeric. Depending on the service category, Postclub USA may track shipments only to the point it transfers to a postal service. For the higher service category, they track shipments outside the USA only in some countries; Canada is not one of those countries.

I stand corrected about the tracking number formats.They may just track up until the paskage transfers to a postal servive,but either way,Canada post won't do a darn thing without a legit tracking number....I even went to the Post Office figuring i could show some identification and they could track using my name....no dice,has to be a number!! I may end up eating the price I put out for the light and go somewhere else that uses a common carrier or shipper! But I will ask what they use for a tracking number.Hot Brass

Yamabushi

Enlightened

AFAIK, the only way you'll get cross-border tracking for shipments from the USA is to pay for a shipping upgrade (UPS or Purolator, or possibly USPS Express Mail).

glowrdr

Newly Enlightened

I've run into that quite often actually. Most often from Woot (Come on... I know you Woot'ers are out there). They give you a SmartPost tracking number that works for FedEx - then FE hands it off the the USPS. Then you wait in the dark until it shows up on your step. You'd think there would be a better system - or at least maybe they would quit issuing tracking numbers when they only track partway.

Hot Brass

Enlightened

Flashlight showed up today!! Post mark shows Sweden!!! That's weird,it shipped from the U.S.,went to Sweden ,then to Canada....weird!! All is good!!! Hot Brass

Status
Not open for further replies.