Upgraded Fenix PD32 S2 RINGY ???

U

User3451

Hi guys can any one tell me if the Fenix PD32 or PD32 S2 has a ringy beam pattern as in the ony review it does but was a test sample and this isquite important for my intended useage.

Thank you

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, my PD32 R5 has a smooth reflector and that tends to show the rings a little more. So the answer is probably yes on the S2 if it also has a smooth reflector. But you only notice it when white walling. Still I think the benefits outdo the negatives on the PD32. For me trying to find the perfect light has been a futile exercise the past 6 years of this hobby. I have a Balder SE-2 that has a beautiful beam pattern but its also less expensive than the PD32 and has less features. Seems no one makes exactly what I'm looking for.

Here is what I like about the PD32 that I can't find entirely in any other light.

1) 18650 capability
2) forward tactical switch
3) separate mode selecting switch
4) fairly small without being cheaply built (61 grams without battery)
5) decent low mode (OK, 9 lumens is low enough for me but it actually measures at 7 on mine)
6) good quality
7) well regulated

Wish it had:
1) OP reflector
2) tint not quite so cool but it's acceptable
3) XM-L LED

Last edited:
U

User3451

Thanks very much hiuintahs : )
I reaaly am greatfull & I also like your very balanced view of this light.

Cheers

Andy

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
My R5 wasn't "ringy" but did have a donut hole in the hotspot until I put the Nichia 219 in there. Now it's nice and smooth.

REDAT9-AP1

Newly Enlightened
I just received my pd32 S2 today... the led tint is actually good... not to cool like people say they might b. No blue or super white tint... pretty warm tint I think... I'll post some white ceiling shots. Oh and its not really ringy in my opinion...

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

REDAT9-AP1

Newly Enlightened
About 6 feet from ceiling exposure at 0 low, Med, hi, turbo
ysuvydes.jpg

uzesy8e5.jpg

syvenymu.jpg

arepyhur.jpg

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: