Combat rings for Surefire E- and L-Series?

illuminate

Newly Enlightened
Hi there, I'm wondering, if there are combat rings for E1/E2/L1/L2 etc. are available? I used the SF combat rings on my LX2 because it has a lanyard ring which holds the ring (but quiet bat because of the body diameter). I know, that I could use seals. But I want a sturdier ring like the SF combat rings. Thanks

Last edited:

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could try the HDS Tactical Grip Ring. HDS Clickies have 1" diameter, same as Surefire E and L, so it might work.

Oveready has 'em.

illuminate

Newly Enlightened
Thank you.
ATM it is out of stock. But I found a store in UK which has it in stock.
Does anyone have tried it? Which material is it made of? Even the manufacture does not list the material the ring is made of.
The E and L series have a 3/4 (.75) tail. Does it really might fit?

€:
Found
[h=2]Section 8 Tactical Ultimate Retention Device[/h]That will fit, I think.

But if someone have other suggests, please let me know.

Last edited:

illuminate

Newly Enlightened
Sry for double posting. But I can not edit my post anymore.

Maybe I found a solution!
I searched for shrink tubing with the diameter of 30mm. It's industrial grade.
It is maybe possible to build a custom combat ring.
But I should have something hard material in it like the plastic ring from the Surefire rings.
And it could be, that shrink tubing is not flexible enough.

Last edited:

samuraishot

Enlightened
I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I recently received a 4sevens finger grip ring that I use with an E1E. It's a little loose, but works quite well.

Also it's soft rubber, which makes it easy to pocket since it'll fold on itself. Also since it's rubber its a lint magnet, however that's not much of a big deal.

FPSRelic

Enlightened
An expensive option is to get an AZ2 and swap it's head with the LX2, as it's e series compatible. Like I said, an expensive option, but just throwing it out there :)

illuminate

Newly Enlightened
I don't want to shine my way with gold ;) Also I miss a clip on this light. It could be possible with the combat ring (e.g. the Solarforce L2T has a flat side to place a clip)
I use a combat ring. But only the lanyard ring holds the ring on one point. Not a good option.

Last edited:

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish somebody sold combat grip rings like the Z2 has. (not the grip ringy slip-on things they sell) Even Surefire doesn't sell them. Maybe Solarforce could be convinced. They are already copying Surefire's Combat grip lights now.

Last edited:

samuraishot

Enlightened
I wish somebody sold combat grip rings like the Z2 has. (not the grip ringy slip-on things they sell) Even Surefire doesn't sell them. Maybe Solarforce could be convinced. They are already copying Surefire's Combat grip lights now.

When I sent in my C2 to saabluster he replaced the grip ring with a bronze grip ring. I'm guessing he took off the grip ring from the C2 and made a mold out of it. It's texture was exactly as the stock grip ring. Try contacting him, maybe you can commission him to make some :D

FPSRelic

Enlightened
When I sent in my C2 to saabluster he replaced the grip ring with a bronze grip ring. I'm guessing he took off the grip ring from the C2 and made a mold out of it. It's texture was exactly as the stock grip ring. Try contacting him, maybe you can commission him to make some :D

Now that is cool. You can't post something like that and not share pics :poke: :D

LSJones

Newly Enlightened
I have a small slip ring attached to the pocket clip in my E2DL. Attached to that is a slip ring that fits over my middle finger. I can shoot, reload, do laundry and sleep with it securely attached to my finger.