Maxtorch        
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tail-Standing Shrouds for E-Series in Titanium and Copper Available NOW

Default Tail-Standing Shrouds for E-Series in Titanium and Copper

Hey Guys,

I am busy building up some more of the custom Triple E-series lights.

But I wanted you all to know that we made a few extra Tail shrouds for the Stock E-series clicky tailcaps.

We started this journey a while back. See original version HERE
    We only have the model pictured on this page available at this time.

These are 1" diameter (same as the bezel)
    They tail-stand very well, and the button is easy to access.
    They retain the factory water resistance.
    Get them while you can.

To see them installed please see some great customer shots HERE

Thank You for your support.
    Last edited by Moddoo; 07-30-2015 at 11:00 AM.

Default Re: Tail-Standing Shrouds for E-Series in Titanium and Copper Available NOW

Will these fit an E1B tailcap?
    "It's not rocket surgery"

Default Re: Tail-Standing Shrouds for E-Series in Titanium and Copper Available NOW

Quote Originally Posted by greatscoot View Post
    Will these fit an E1B tailcap?
    Yes sir, they do.

Interested in a titanium one for my E1B.

Edit: Realized I can click the photo to get to the product page... nothing gets by me!
    Last edited by msim; 09-17-2012 at 08:52 PM.

I figured I'd post some pics... Looks good and works great!

these look phenomenal
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

This just makes me want one even more for my E1B setup. +1 on looking phenomenal. Thanks for posting the pic!
    Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Psalm 119:105

This is perfect for my E2L Outdoorsman project. Ordered.

Grizz

I wish I could get my hands on the older version of these. I like the new ones but I also like the slimmer profile of the old ones

Flashaholic*

Any chance we'll see these for the A2/LX2/Kroma tailcap? (these 3 all use the same switch retainer, expanding the market for such a shroud.)

Any plans of bringing back the clip option for the e-series lights?

Flashaholic*

Any chance of doing the shrouds in black ALTiN?

Enlightened

Just got these shrouds, had them sent over to UK.
    Great service.

Quote Originally Posted by samuraishot View Post
    Any plans of bringing back the clip option for the e-series lights?
    +1 ....

I'd love to have one on my e2e.

If the "clip" option is the holes drilled into the lip. Then I too would love that.
    tail stand and a lanyard, thats what I want for my e series.
    and hows the 3cell e bodies?

Enlightened

Just got a couple of these to add to other lights after really liking it on the custom E2e Triple i got and just wanna know what's the best way to get the original plastic boot retaining ring out? Cos mine seem to be pretty tight in there, do I need to just break them out or is there a good way to get them out intact?

Quote Originally Posted by 999snafu View Post
    Just got a couple of these to add to other lights after really liking it on the custom E2e Triple i got and just wanna know what's the best way to get the original plastic boot retaining ring out? Cos mine seem to be pretty tight in there, do I need to just break them out or is there a good way to get them out intact?
    The threads may have Loctite on them....
    ... is the archimedes peak

Quote Originally Posted by 999snafu View Post
    the rings are anodized aluminum. and yes they have loctite on them.

best bet is to heat the tail at about 200 degrees (boiling water) then remove them while hot.

good luck to ya, they usually do not fight much when hot.

Awesome Titanium Tailstand Shrould. Great polised look, it works and feels perfect on my Surefire EB1-T.
    Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Psalm 119:105

The perfect accessory for the 30th Anniversary Edition E1B. Now I need to decide whether to flame color it or bead blast it.......
    Thanks Tom, Dan and Sarah.

Last edited by Beamhead; 01-15-2014 at 02:38 PM.
    Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by Beamhead View Post
    The perfect accessory for the 30th Anniversary Edition E1B. Now I need to decide whether to flame color it or bead blast it.......
    Thanks Tom, Dan and Sarah.

that Ti shroud looks perfect on that E1B anniversary light. nice man!
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

Hi Moddoo,

Will the Titanium Tailstanding Shroud for E1/E2/EB1/EB2 be available anytime soon? Thanks
    Last edited by Torchlight; 06-18-2015 at 09:48 AM.

—same question.

Will the titanium version be available soon, and if not, do you have a timetable for release?

Thank you!

Sorry, these don't sell fast enough to make just ti and we still have to much brass to make more. We may be able to make the brass more desirable, but its still likely to take the rest of the year.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum
    | OR Insider | OVEREADY.com

—copy.

Thank you for letting us know.

So who decided to be greedy and order all remaining shrouds? Go on, own up so we know who to mug...

Whoever you are, if you are feeling generous (and don't like being mugged)..PM me as I would love a brass or two

I'm kinda hoping you made a deal with the team at OR and got them at a real good price so wont mind selling a few...
    Last edited by AussieRanga; 08-26-2015 at 04:23 PM.

Default Tail-Standing Shrouds for E-Series in Titanium and Copper Available NOW

Sorry, that was me. The non silver models were taking to long to sell through so I sent them all in for a face lift.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

That's funny because I had intended on ordering 3-5 myself :P

EDIT:

I actually managed to somehow snag one of your Ti ones on ebay from a fellow Aussie and when I ordered the last of the wood/brass 18350 bodies I also grabbed a brass and copper shroud. Decided I like the brass the most so went back to get 3 more when I ordered the parts to complete the wood bodied beauty and damn, somehow they're all gone...

So, it sounds like you're doing something to them and then putting them back up for sale??
    Last edited by AussieRanga; 08-27-2015 at 10:42 PM.

Default Tail-Standing Shrouds for E-Series in Titanium and Copper Available NOW

Yes, basically the same process that created the Satin and Polished bezel rings. They were originally a less popular silver color. In both cases, I miscalculated demand ratio for the different colors and needed to accelerate sales of one to satisfy repeated requests for the other (see post 24).

I've not tried the process on brass or copper before, so the result is uncertain. But the result certainly won't look as good with wood, so let me see if I can capture some for you as is.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

I can understand the frustration of stock sitting idle from an inventory management point of view so it makes sense that you're at least attempting to do something to make them more appealing.

As far as looks go though, yeah the brass looks sweet on an E1L, but to me it doesn't matter too much as the functionality afforded by adding the shroud far outweighs the improved visual aspect. If you can't get them back as they were, don't worry about it. I'll be happy to see them back in stock in any finish!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast