Brightest Handheld Rechargeables vs. HID vs. LED

S4MadMan

Enlightened
I searched the archives and didn't find anything "definitive" (at least not with pictures) on the brightest/longest throwing rechargeable, hand-held flashlight. If I missed something, please advise where the link is, thanks!

In any event, I'm going to do my own inform test. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I have a Pelican M11 and SL-35X on the way from Bright Guy. Have a few new Mag Rechargeables, a CT Zero, TigerLight FBOP, and Ultra Stinger.

Am I missing anything?

I will compare all these rechargeables against Mag Rechargeables with UCL with both the WA01111 and WA01160 with PowerStream 1/2Ds and see how they all stack up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif For more fun, I will also compare the new/revised MaxTel/McCulloch X995 HID flashlight (should have it in about a week, once it clears customs) as well. Not to leave out the LEDs, I will have a Mr. Bulk SN2 and Electrolumen's TriStar 3x3 for comparison purposes as well.

Once I get everything all set, I'll do:

1) Lux reading @ 1 Meter
2) Pictures at 10', 50', 100', 200'
3) Beam Shots at 10'
4) Hot Spots shot at 10'
5) Any other requests

It should be a fun test, I'll post a review in about a week. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Brightest Handheld Rechargeables vs. HID vs. L

Ambitious. I look forward to reading about your test results.

Wilkey

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast

S4, looking forward to your observations!

Gentlemen, place your bets! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast

I share the same sentiments as the above... I will be curious to see how the SL-35 performs. Got a note from Greg @ BrightGuy and he told me the following...

"The UltraStinger can be focused down to a tighter spot than the SL35(fixed focus).... so it does much better at distance. Up close the SL35 is really nice (except for its size) because it has a broader beam".

Greg.

Dukester

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Just the sort of thing I've been waiting for. It will fill in a lot of information that I can't get with my extreme throw tests. Looking forward to it.

Brightnorm