M6LT Question

ugrey

Enlightened
Is SureFire EVER going to release just the M6LT head so I can update my two M6s? I am holding my breath! HELP!!!!!

Last edited:

yliu

Enlightened
I think the head Is one of the most expensive parts on a flashlight, so it wouldn't make it much cheaper to only buy a head.

ugrey

Enlightened
I well understand that, but as they moved from incads to LEDs, SureFire sold many LED conversion heads at a fair price.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd expect the msrp of an m6lt head to be greater than the m6lt street price. Unfortunately they've always structured their pricing to motivate you to get the whole light instead.

jellydonut

Enlightened
You can probably flip the body+tailcap on CPF MP anyway. Plenty of guys have regular M6 heads lying around, might want to build a whole light out of them.

Personally I have something like 4 M6 heads and only one body -- if I still had a disposable income, I know I'd be looking to buy M6 bodies to build things like dedicated tower LED M6es.

pageyjim

Enlightened
I just got a reply from Surefire about 20 minutes ago on this very question. The answer is no unfortunately.

ugrey

Enlightened
Thanks Pageyjim. I guess I will sell one M6 at a loss to help pay for a new M6LT. I may put a TLS head or a light tower on the remaining one. I am off to check my options.

walterr839

Enlightened
I love my M6 but like others here have looked into LED options. I recently
got the Lumens Factory Seraph SST-90M series turbohead. listed as 1600 lumens.
its a little brighter than the MN21 and lasts a lot longer.

I think its a good alternative to the M6LT

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I'd expect the msrp of an m6lt head to be greater than the m6lt street price. Unfortunately they've always structured their pricing to motivate you to get the whole light instead.

Very true. SureFire has done it before. If they decide to release just the M6LT head, expect it to be priced so that it wouldn't be worth getting over a complete M6LT flashlight.

Last edited:

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't forget about the Malkoff MD60. 500 lumens for 3+ hours is not too shabby. Who knows, maybe Gene will start cranking out 750+ lumen versions soon. I've got a M6 w/MD60 and a M6LT. If I had to pick only one I would take the M6 w/MD60. In the unlikely event the tower fails you can switch back to incan mode in a snap. Plus 900 Surefire lumens is way to bright for most circumstances.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Don't forget about the Malkoff MD60. 500 lumens for 3+ hours is not too shabby. Who knows, maybe Gene will start cranking out 750+ lumen versions soon. I've got a M6 w/MD60 and a M6LT. If I had to pick only one I would take the M6 w/MD60. In the unlikely event the tower fails you can switch back to incan mode in a snap. Plus 900 Surefire lumens is way to bright for most circumstances.

Good point about being able to switch back.