Nice sturdy Dorcy light

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
[IM
IMG_2167.jpg
[/IMG]

I recently got this Dorcy Die Hard light. Model 41-6008. I was impressed with the thick walls- and weight
of the light.

It's 95 lumens, and changes from flood to spot by turning the gold ring. Run time is listed as 7 hours.
The flood is very smooth and broad- a great close light...say 10 yards. Spot is decent to 100 feet.

What makes this a good light for family, friends, or a rock solid throw it around light- is how solid it is,
and the 3aa carries is the best I've seen . It stays attached to the tail, and is sturdy. The batteries
just pop out. No special alignment- the carrier makes contact in the center and the outer ring.
Just put it in and tighten the cap--no fussing with alignment.

Dorcy is playing on the Die Hard name- but this light will make them proud.

Lighthouse 1

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice little review Bill. It was nice catching up with you the other day at Scott's house, and I was glad to see that you had this Dorcy light with you and that you are enjoying it more than ever.

How are the Diehard batteries holding up for you. Mine have proven to last longer than the standard Coppertops I put them up against, and the DieHards cost way less and started at a higher voltage (both had the same use by date). I also did some runtime tests against the The Batteries Plus store brand Werker batteries, which are about the same price as the DieHard batteries, and the DieHard batteries started at a higher voltage and lasted longer. So far so good on the DieHard batteries for me!

Hey didn't you get one of those LED PR base bulb replacements from Dorcy too? I've been having fun swaping mine (the 2 cell and the 3-4 cell) in and out of old flashlights to give my old lights a new lease on life.

Catch you later --Tim