You guy's ought to be ashamed of yourselves

freewheelin'

Enlightened
You guy\'s ought to be ashamed of yourselves

Since joining this forum I've acqired 2 eE2's, an E2eHA, an E1e HA, a UK300, a C3, an ARCLS, 2 ARC LE, an ARCAAA, 4 Scorpions and a PT Quest. I only thought my M*g 5d and Pelican Super Saber put out good light. I'm glad I found you, my wallet don't like you. I love this place, my wallet hates this place. Oh well, it's my only hobby besides watching Hocky (BTW I've only been to 6 Stars games since finding this site and going to see them kick the stuffing out of the Avalanch this Sat.) so what the heck, at least this hobby is usefull sometimes.

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: You guy\'s ought to be ashamed of yourselves

In fact, I am ashamed of myself... for not buying more lights....
grin.gif

Darell

Flashaholic

Freewheelin' - you need some lights, man! What're ya gonna do when the lights go out and all 12 of your neighbors come over to borrow a light? You'll be sitting there with candles! Get that VISA back out!

freewheelin'

Enlightened

darell, my Dad actually laugh't at my my ARCALS when he first saw it and I told him what I paid for it but on Christmas eve when the power went out with 22 people at his house he sang praises for it after a 2 hour meal with it hanging from his cealing fan with everyone actually able to see what they were eating. I think I'm ok with the light's I have, but there's an an Ultra Stinger on order and a E1 on order, you never know.

avusblue

Enlightened

Since finding CPF, here's what I've gone and acquired, solely on recommendations / praises of the members here. Keep in mind this has been over only less than 2 months:

Arc AAA (4 of 'em)
Arc AAA LE
Opalec NewBeam
CMG Infinity Ultra (4 of 'em)
Surefire E2e Exec. Elite
KL1 for above
Surefire 6P
A raftload of accessories from BerkeleyPoint, Dat2zip, TTS

This doesnt count the Lightwave 2100 and the ASP cliplite that started it all before I found CPF.

I've given away three of the Ultras and three of the Arc AAA's as gifts, think of it as evangelizing. (coincidentally most of the recipients are fellow Christians)

I also went out and stocked new batteries in all my Gaglites (2AA, 2D, 3D). This is so I can show my friends as to how inferior the yellowed, splotchy beams those overweight clubs are, as compared to the hi-tech quality lights I've now acquired. Everyone who came in thinking Gag is the cat's meow has been amazed.

I love the lights and I love that I've found out I'm not (totally) crazy for having been a closet flashaholic all these years.

Another side benefit is that on eBay I've sold over $500 worth of junk around the house to provide guilt-free spending money for my new hobby. Most of it much physically larger stuff than my cool new lights, thus also freeing up space and "decomplicating" my abode. What a great motivator!

My wallet is aching, but my beam is bright!

Anarchocap

Enlightened

Ugh its a freaking nightmare! I've also been here for about two months and bought way too many lights! We are talking specifically because of this forum:
</font><ul type="square">[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">BadBoy 400</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Arc LS</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">3 Infinity Ultras
On Order:</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">2 Arc AAA LEs</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Opalec NewBeam</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">2 PT Tec 40s
Will Probably Order:</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">PT Surge</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Stream Light ProPoly 3C LED</font>[/list]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Somebody stop me! And that doesn't count the 123s and Lithium AAs!!
Not only that, I found http://www.equipped.org/ because of this site and we don't even want to start how much I have spent because of that site.
One thing is for sure, no one is going to be able to accuse me of no being prepared for an emergency or power outtage. Also, my friends are going to do a double take the next time I go camping.
grin.gif

Help...me...

JustAGuy

Newly Enlightened

Hey avusblue:

Have you found anywhere in town to buy your lights? (I work in Minneapolis.) I just hooked up with this forum a couple weeks ago, but I haven't found anything other than small PTs and Brinkman Legends in the stores I've checked. I went to the REI in Bloomington today to get a Surge, but they were out so I got a Rage and an Attitude instead.

I'm starting to think it will have to be an online purchase, or purchases, but I'm curious if you've found anywhere locally that carries a decent selection of the "name brands." Thanks.

avusblue

Enlightened

The only remotely interesting thing I saw locally was the Legend LX at Wal-Mart. I didn't buy it because, in my opinion which is worth what you paid for it, it's ugly.

I was at Gander Mountain looking for something else and noted that their flashlight assortment is dismal. They had the Attitude and that's it as far as quality goes.

I've purchased everything online. Either direct from manufacturers, from the ForSale part of CPF, from eBayers, or from TTS (whom I highly recommend).

If you see anything local, please post or email offline.

Thanks!