Jetbeam 3M XML reflector?

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm ready for another 18650 flashlight and have come across the Jetbeam 3M XM-L for $54.99 in a couple of places. Seems like a pretty good deal. I understand this light can come with either a smooth reflector or an orange peel one. Unfortunately the sources which I'm looking at buying from aren't that easy to contact.................but does anyone know if it primarily comes with a particular reflector with the other version being an option?

In other words does it normally come with OP and the smooth an option or the other way around or is it a crap shot?

Last edited:

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Re: Jetbeam Jet 3m XM-L reflector?

I'm ready for another 18650 flashlight and have come across the Jetbeam 3M XM-L for $54.99 in a couple of places. Seems like a pretty good deal. I understand this light can come with either a smooth reflector or an orange peel one. Unfortunately the sources which I'm looking at buying from aren't that easy to contact.................but does anyone know if it primarily comes with a particular reflector with the other version being an option?

In other words does it normally come with OP and the smooth an option or the other way around or is it a crap shot?

I'm not sure which model you mean. Can you be more specific?

:D

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's in Jetbeam's military series called the "3M XML".

TEEJ

Flashaholic

Oh, OK, I remember now....I think its OP, that light's got a floody beam. I don't remember seeing a smooth version though....just the OP, so OP is probably standard.

Looked at their web site - it shows OP, with no mention of an optional reflector.

:D

Last edited:

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks. That's what I kind of think too. Yet Battery Junction offers 2 versions (probably as an option) and the guy I asked on Ebay said it was smooth. Perhaps he didn't know what the difference was. So anyhow that's why I asked on CPF.

tigerfromsiberia

Newly Enlightened
Watch out for the latest stocks on JetBeam lights, they all seem to have smooth reflector even the ones that were originally OP. I recently bought a PA40 and RRT21 and both came with smooth reflector instead of OP.

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just went ahead and ordered mine. I have no idea which way it will come. I just decided to order it anyhow. Price dropped to $49.99 and just couldn't resist. I've always liked the OP reflectors but Fenix pretty much uses smooth. I think I'll happy either way but will report back.

Last edited:

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always order mine with a smooth reflector. Jetbeam may have some rings, but I just don't whitewall hunt that much to bother me.
I just went ahead and ordered mine. I have no idea which way it will come. I just decided to order it anyhow. Price dropped to $49.99 and just couldn't resist. I've always liked the OP reflectors but Fenix pretty much uses smooth. I think I'll happy either way but will report back.

tigerfromsiberia

Newly Enlightened
I bought the PA40 and RRT21 from the same seller. All the JetBeam light he is selling has smooth reflector. Now it appears that he has a overstock of PA40; 267 remaining and they are selling for only $39.99!

Last edited: