Flashlight Holster/Sheath

Let It Bleed

Newly Enlightened
I'm curious how others have dealt with the problem of finding a quality flashlight sheath/holster, for the many different flashlights you may possess. Many are easy to find, especially Surefire 6P sized lights. The 9P will fit in a 5" Maxpedition flashlight sheath, but most 18650 sized lights are a better fit (e.g. JETBeam Jet III M).

However, I can't find any good solutions for the SF E2e or JETBeam Jet-I Pro v3.0 or any other of the many different shapes, sizes, and brands of flashlights that exist.

Since it is not difficult to find an excellent holster for a 6P size light for approximately $15, I would happily pay extra for the option of receiving a quality holster designed for the specific flashlight I chose to buy. I simply don't understand the purpose of some of the cheap holsters that come standard with many lights.

Anyway, I'm curious if this is an issue for others. And if so, what did you use for your particular flashlight(s)?

Al_D

Newly Enlightened
I've had good luck with Blackhawk CQC light carriers but when you really want something to fit the bill to a 't' custom kydex is the way to go. :)

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Art of the Hide or Thor's custom Leather. Custom lights (which I use) get custom holsters. I also use ripoff's holsters - cannot remember what website but email them the light & they email back the best holster they have for it.

Yeah I like holsters - using the lights out in industry I certainly don't want to drop them somewhere I cannot get them back.

unicus

Newly Enlightened
I'm curious how others have dealt with the problem of finding a quality flashlight sheath/holster, for the many different flashlights you may possess. Many are easy to find, especially Surefire 6P sized lights. The 9P will fit in a 5" Maxpedition flashlight sheath, but most 18650 sized lights are a better fit (e.g. JETBeam Jet III M).

However, I can't find any good solutions for the SF E2e or JETBeam Jet-I Pro v3.0 or any other of the many different shapes, sizes, and brands of flashlights that exist.

Since it is not difficult to find an excellent holster for a 6P size light for approximately $15, I would happily pay extra for the option of receiving a quality holster designed for the specific flashlight I chose to buy. I simply don't understand the purpose of some of the cheap holsters that come standard with many lights.

Anyway, I'm curious if this is an issue for others. And if so, what did you use for your particular flashlight(s)?

I have been using RipOffs cases for years, super quality, last for years.

http://ripoffs.com/flashpage/flashpage.html

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ripoffs holsters are great
i make my own too - for some of my lights (if i can make it out of 1" and 2" webbing)

If you want kydex - there is a member here with a sales thread over on the marketplace who does excellent kydex - his name is CLBME - and the work is beautiful
Here is the V10R Ti holster he made for me - very secure but the light clicks in and out very easily when you want it
clbme2.jpg

If its an odd light you want sheathed you may have to send it to him to mold - but he does have a few popular lights

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
...I simply don't understand the purpose of some of the cheap holsters that come standard with many lights...
Mostly, IMO, it's just marketing. To many a light that comes with a sheath sounds like a better deal than one that does not. Another problem is a deep and wide general misunderstanding of sheaths in general. Any sheath designed by someone who lacks the real need for a good sheath will likely be crap. Personally I have never seen any sheath included with any light that was usable by me.

...Anyway, I'm curious if this is an issue for others. And if so, what did you use for your particular flashlight(s)?
It has been a huge issue for me. Unfortunately the vast majority of off the shelf sheaths are inappropriate for my uses and even the good ones are impossible to evaluate online. For that reason I normally design and fab my own sheaths, pouches and bags.

I've been designing and building all manor of sheaths, pouches, packs, bags and soft luggage for myself for over fifty years. I have a big old Thompson walking foot, semi-industrial sewing machine that will sew through up to 1/4" of leather or nylon webbing using the almost indestructible #69 UV resistant nylon thread.

A few years back I bought a sheath from CountyComm that was all made out of nylon webbing. I was so impressed that I ordered 6-8 different widths of webbing and started making them myself. Living in a subtropical climate for over thirty years I've completely moved away from leather.

If you can't find anyone to build one to your specs you may still be able to find a cobbler with the right equipment, but it seems that there are less of them every year... People who sew upholstery fall into the right category to work on sheaths, too.

Last edited:

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
What kind of Otter box is that?

i make my own too - for some of my lights (if i can make it out of 1" and 2" webbing)

If you want kydex - there is a member here with a sales thread over on the marketplace who does excellent kydex - his name is CLBME - and the work is beautiful
Here is the V10R Ti holster he made for me - very secure but the light clicks in and out very easily when you want it
clbme2.jpg

If its an odd light you want sheathed you may have to send it to him to mold - but he does have a few popular lights

BillSWPA

Enlightened
Both Blade-Tech and Comp-Tac make good Kydex holders for Surefire E-series lights. Holders for Streamlight products are also available. It is difficult to find good holders for other lights.

fgials

Newly Enlightened

clbme2.jpg

Now that is nice!